- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Cardiology Research and Practice
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 837238, 7 pages
Exercise Training for Heart Failure Patients with and without Systolic Dysfunction: An Evidence-Based Analysis of How Patients Benefit
Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, Bond University, Robina, QLD 4229, Australia
Received 23 July 2010; Accepted 19 September 2010
Academic Editor: Javed Butler
Copyright © 2011 Neil Smart. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rod S. Taylor, Edward J. Davies, Hasnain M. Dalal, Russell Davis, Patrick Doherty, Christopher Cooper, David J. Holland, Kate Jolly, and Neil A. Smart, “Effects of exercise training for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: A systematic review and meta-analysis of comparative studies,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 6–13, 2012.
- H. Löllgen, and D. Löllgen, “Risk reduction in cardiovascular diseases by physical activity,” Internist, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 20–29, 2012.
- Sherin H.M. Mehani, “Correlation between changes in diastolic dysfunction and health-related quality of life after cardiac rehabilitation program in dilated cardiomyopathy,” Journal of Advanced Research, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 189–200, 2013.
- B. Pieske, “Exercise training in heart failure,” Herz, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 578–+, 2013.
- Kathleen Nolte, Silja Schwarz, Götz Gelbrich, Steffen Mensching, Friederike Siegmund, Rolf Wachter, Gerd Hasenfuss, Hans-Dirk Düngen, Christoph Herrmann-Lingen, Martin Halle, Burkert Pieske, and Frank Edelmann, “Effects of long-term endurance and resistance training on diastolic function, exercise capacity, and quality of life in asymptomatic diastolic dysfunction vs. heart failure with preserved ejection fraction,” ESC Heart Failure, 2014.
- Kathleen Nolte, Silja Schwarz, Götz Gelbrich, Steffen Mensching, Friederike Siegmund, Rolf Wachter, Gerd Hasenfuss, Hans-Dirk Düngen, Christoph Herrmann-Lingen, Martin Halle, Burkert Pieske, and Frank Edelmann, “Effects of long-term endurance and resistance training on diastolic function, exercise capacity, and quality of life in asymptomatic diastolic dysfunction vs. heart failure with preserved ejection fraction,” ESC Heart Failure, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 59–74, 2014.
- Gudrun Dieberg, Hashbullah Ismail, Francesco Giallauria, and Neil A. Smart, “Clinical outcomes and cardiovascular responses to exercise training in heart failure patients with preserved ejection fraction: a systematic review an,” Journal Of Applied Physiology, vol. 119, no. 6, pp. 726–733, 2015.
- H. Löllgen, and N. Bachl, “Kardiovaskuläre Prävention und regelmäßige körperliche Aktivität,” Herz, 2016.
- Katie-Jane Brickwood, Stuart T. Smith, Greig Watson, and Andrew D. Williams, “The effect of ongoing feedback on physical activity levels following an exercise intervention in older adults: a randomised controlled trial protocol,” BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 9, no. 1, 2017.