- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 350847, 16 pages
Analysis of ITMS System Impact Mechanism in Beijing Based on FD and Traffic Entropy
School of Traffic and Transportation, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 20 September 2012; Revised 22 November 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2012 Ailing Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Lo, M. Hickman, and S. Weissenberger, “Structured approach for ITS architecture representation and evaluation,” in Proceedings of the 6th Vehicle Navigation and Information Systems Conference, pp. 442–449, August 1995.
- K. E. Haynes and M. Li, “Analytical alternatives in intelligent transportation system (ITS) evaluation,” Research in Transportation Economics, vol. 8, pp. 127–149, 2004.
- K. D. Brucker, A. Verbeke, and C. Macharis, “The application of multicriteria -analysis to the evaluation of intelligent transport systems,” Research in Transportation Economics, vol. 8, pp. 151–179, 2004.
- Z.-C. Juan, J.-P. Wu, and M. McDonald, “Socio-economic impact assessment of intelligent transport systems,” Tsinghua Science and Technology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 339–350, 2006.
- T. Kawakami, P. Tiwari, and M. Doi, “Assessing impact of ITS on Japan’s economy using a computable model,” Research in Transportation Economics, vol. 8, pp. 525–547, 2004.
- H. Liu, L. Chu, and W. Recker, “Performance evaluation of ITS strategies using microscopic simulation,” in Proceedings of the 7th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '04), pp. 917–921, Washington, DC, USA, October 2004.
- M. Vanderschuren, “Safety improvements through Intelligent Transport Systems: a South African case study based on microscopic simulation modelling,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 807–817, 2008.
- M. Dotoli, M. P. Fanti, A. M. Mangini, G. Stecco, and W. Ukovich, “The impact of ICT on intermodal transportation systems: a modelling approach by Petri nets,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 893–903, 2010.
- W.-H. Wang, H.-W. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “Numerical simulation and analysis procedure for model-based digital driving dependability in intelligent transport system,” KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 891–898, 2011.
- W.-H. Wang, Vehicle’s Man-Machine Interaction Safety and Driver Assistance, China Communications Press, Beijing, China, 2012.
- G. E. Cantarella, “Day-to-day dynamic models for intelligent transportation systems design and appraisal,” Transportation Research Part C. In press.
- L. K. Pekka and L. H. Jukka, “Profitability evaluation of intelligent transport system investments,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 128, no. 3, pp. 276–286, 2002.
- Y. J. Nakanishi and J. C. Falcocchio, “Performance assessment of intelligent transportation systems using data envelopment analysis,” Research in Transportation Economics, vol. 8, pp. 181–197, 2004.
- T. Moore and R. Pozdena, “Framework for an economic evaluation of transportation investments,” Research in Transportation Economics, vol. 8, pp. 17–45, 2004.
- A. Stevens, “The application and limitations of cost-benefit assessment (CBA) for intelligent transport systems,” Research in Transportation Economics, vol. 8, pp. 91–111, 2004.
- W. Chris and M. Mahmoud, “Transportation benefit-cost analysis: lessons from CAL-B/C,” in Proceedings of the 87th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board, pp. 79–87, Washington, DC, USA, 2004.
- T. Vaa, M. Penttinen, and I. Spyropoulou, “Intelligent transport systems and effects on road traffic accidents: state of the art,” IET Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 81–88, 2007.
- R. Kulmala, “Ex-ante assessment of the safety effects of intelligent transport systems,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 1359–1369, 2010.
- U. Farooq, M. A. Siddiqui, L. Gao, and J. L. Hardy, “Intelligent transportation systems: an impact analysis for michigan,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, vol. 46, pp. 12–25, 2012.
- W. Leontief, “Quantitative input and output relations in the econometric system of the United States,” The Review of Economic Statistics, vol. 18, pp. 105–125, 1936.
- B. J. Kanninen, “Intelligent transportation systems: an economic and environmental policy assessment,” Transportation Research A, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 1996.
- J.-C. Thill, G. Rogova, and J. Yan, “Evaluating benefits and costs of intelligent transportation systems elements from a planning perspective,” Research in Transportation Economics, vol. 8, pp. 571–603, 2004.
- F. Shi, J. Lu, and W. Wang, “Method of benefits evaluation for urban traffic command center and its application,” Computer and Communications, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 43–46, 2004.
- R. Newman-Askins, L. Ferreira, and J. Bunker, “Intelligent transport systems evaluation: from theory to practice,” in Proceedings of the 21st ARRB and 11th REAAA Conference, Transport Our Highway to a Sustainable Future, pp. 1011–1026, May 2003.
- W. Guan and S.-Y. He, “Statistical features and phase identification of traffic flow on urban freeway,” Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 42–50, 2007.
- W. Guan and S.-Y. He, “Statistical features of traffic flow on urban freeways,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 4, pp. 944–954, 2008.
- C.-Y. Sheng, Y.-L. Pei, and L.-N. Wu, “Traffic entropy characteristics at on-ramp junctions on urban freeway,” Journal of Jilin University, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1273–1277, 2007.
- K. Karmakar and S. K. Majumder, “Maximum entropy approach in a traffic stream,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 195, no. 1, pp. 61–65, 2008.
- X. Li, Z.-F. Qin, L.-X. Yang, and K.-P. Li, “Entropy maximization model for the trip distribution problem with fuzzy and random parameters,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 235, no. 8, pp. 1906–1913, 2011.
- Y.-D. Lu, S. Wong, M.-P. Zhang, C.-W. Shu, and W.-Q. Chen, “Explicit construction of entropy solutions for the lighthill-whitham-richards traffic flow model with a piecewise quadratic flow—density relationship,” Transportation Research B, vol. 42, pp. 355–372, 2008.
- P. Velarde-Alvarado, A. F. Martínez-Herrera, and A. Iriarte-Solis, “Using entropy spaces and mixtures of gaussian distributions to characterize traffic anomalies,” Procedia Technology, vol. 3, pp. 97–108, 2012.
- D. Ngoduy and M. J. Maher, “Calibration of second order traffic models using continuous cross entropy method,” Transportation Research C, vol. 24, pp. 102–121, 2012.
- J. A. Montemayor-Aldrete, P. Ugalde-Vélez, M. D. Castillo-Mussot, C. A. Vázquez-Villanueva, G. J. Vázquez, and A. Mendoza-Allende, “Steady state traffic flow, entropy production rate, temporal fluctuations and fuel consumption,” Physica A, vol. 361, no. 2, pp. 630–642, 2006.
- F. J. Tapiador, K. Burckhart, and J. Martí-Henneberg, “Characterizing European high speed train stations using intermodal time and entropy metrics,” Transportation Research A, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 197–208, 2009.
- Y. S. Murat, “An entropy (shannon) based traffic safety level determination approach for black spots,” Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol. 20, pp. 786–795, 2011.
- H. Bar-Gera, “Traffic assignment by paired alternative segments,” Transportation Research B, vol. 44, no. 8-9, pp. 1022–1046, 2010.
- S. Lu and Y. Nie, “Stability of user-equilibrium route flow solutions for the traffic assignment problem,” Transportation Research B, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 609–617, 2010.
- M. Maher, R.-h. Liu, and D. Ngoduy, “Signal optimisation using the cross entropy method,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies. In press.
- X. Chi, K. M. Kockelman, and T. Waller, “A maximum entropy-least squares estimator for elastic origindestination trip matrix estimation,” Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol. 17, pp. 189–212, 2011.
- W.-T. Fan, W. Jia, and Y.-M. Ding, “A possible approach to the framework of the fundamental theory of system science: part ten,” System Engineering Theory & Practice, vol. 8, pp. 19–20, 2002.
- Z.-X. Ye, Basic Information Theory, Higher Education Press, Beijing, China, 2003.
- W. Nie, C.-F. Shao, and L.-Y. Yang, “Study on the application of dissipative structure and entropy change theory in regional transportation system,” Journal of Highway and Transportation Research and Development, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1–10, 2006.