- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 421545, 9 pages
Existence of a Period-Two Solution in Linearizable Difference Equations
Department of Mathematics, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881-0816, USA
Received 28 August 2013; Accepted 8 October 2013
Academic Editor: Senada Kalabusic
Copyright © 2013 E. J. Janowski and M. R. S. Kulenović. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. J. Janowski and M. R. S. Kulenović, “Attractivity and global stability for linearizable difference equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 1592–1607, 2009.
- E. J. Janowski, M. R. S. Kulenović, and E. Silić, “Periodic solutions of linearizable difference equations,” International Journal of Difference Equations, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 113–125, 2011.
- S. Elaydi, An Introduction to Difference Equations, Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2005.
- M. R. S. Kulenović and O. Merino, Discrete Dynamical Systems and Difference Equations with Mathematica, Chapman & Hall/CRC, London, UK, 2002.
- H. Sedaghat, Nonlinear Difference Equations, Theory with Applications to Social Science Models, vol. 15 of Mathematical Modelling: Theory and Applications, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, Germany, 2003.
- A. M. Amleh, E. Camouzis, and G. Ladas, “On the dynamics of a rational difference equation, part I,” International Journal of Difference Equations, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–35, 2008.
- J. K. Hale and H. Koçak, Dynamics and Bifurcations, vol. 3 of Texts in Applied Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- V. L. Kocić and G. Ladas, Global Behavior of Nonlinear Difference Equations of Higher Order with Applications, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, Germany, 1993.
- M. R. S. Kulenović and G. Ladas, Dynamics of Second Order Rational Difference Equations, with Open Problems and Conjectures, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2001.
- M. R. S. Kulenović and O. Merino, “Global bifurcation for discrete competitive systems in the plane,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 133–149, 2009.
- A. M. Amleh, E. A. Grove, G. Ladas, and D. A. Georgiou, “On the recursive sequence ,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 233, no. 2, pp. 790–798, 1999.
- C. H. Gibbons, M. R. S. Kulenović, G. Ladas, and H. D. Voulov, “On the trichotomy character of ,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 75–92, 2002.
- T. Nesemann, “Invariants and Liapunov functions for nonautonomous systems. Advances in difference equations, III,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 42, no. 3–5, pp. 385–392, 2001.
- C. C. McCluskey and J. S. Muldowney, “Bendixson-Dulac criteria for difference equations,” Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 567–575, 1998.
- C. C. McCluskey and J. S. Muldowney, “Stability implications of Bendixson conditions for difference equations,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Difference Equations, pp. 181–187, CRC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2004.