- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 593856, 6 pages
Harmonic Balance Method for Chaotic Dynamics in Fractional-Order Rössler Toroidal System
1School of Sciences, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, China
2School of Electromechanics, Guangdong Polytechnic Normal University, Guangzhou 510635, China
Received 23 May 2013; Accepted 8 November 2013
Academic Editor: Recai Kilic
Copyright © 2013 Huijian Zhu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, London, UK, 1974.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198, Academic Press Inc., San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2000.
- T. T. Hartley, C. F. Lorenzo, and H. K. Qammer, “Chaos in a fractional order Chua's system,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 485–490, 1995.
- P. Arena, R. Caponetto, L. Fortuna, and D. Porto, “Chaos in a fractional order Duffing system,” in Proceedings of European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design, pp. 1259–1262, Budapest, Hungary, 1997.
- I. Grigorenko and E. Grigorenko, “Chaotic dynamics of the fractional Lorenz system,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 3, Article ID 034101, 2003.
- C. G. Li and G. R. Chen, “Chaos and hyperchaos in the fractional-order Rössler equations,” Physica A, vol. 341, no. 1–4, pp. 55–61, 2004.
- C. P. Li and G. R. Chen, “Chaos in the fractional order Chen system and its control,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 549–554, 2004.
- V. Daftardar-Gejji and S. Bhalekar, “Chaos in fractional ordered Liu system,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 1117–1127, 2010.
- Q. Yang and C. Zeng, “Chaos in fractional conjugate Lorenz system and its scaling attractors,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 4041–4051, 2010.
- C. Zeng, Q. Yang, and J. Wang, “Chaos and mixed synchronization of a new fractional-order system with one saddle and two stable node-foci,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 457–466, 2011.
- Z. Wei, “Synchronization of coupled nonidentical fractional-order hyperchaotic systems,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2011, Article ID 430724, 9 pages, 2011.
- S. J. Linz, “No-chaos criteria for certain classes of driven nonlinear oscillators,” Acta Physica Polonica B, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 3741–3749, 2003.
- J. Guckenheimer and P. Holmes, Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems, and Bifurcations of Vector Fields, vol. 42, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- C. P. Silva, “Shil’nikov’s theorem—a tutorial,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 675–682, 1993.
- Z. M. Wu, J. G. Lu, and J. Y. Xie, “Analysing chaos in fractional-order systems with the harmonic balance method,” Chinese Physics, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1201–1207, 2006.
- M. S. Tavazoei and M. Haeri, “Describing function based methods for predicting chaos in a class of fractional order differential equations,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 363–373, 2009.
- K. Diethelm and N. J. Ford, “Analysis of fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 265, no. 2, pp. 229–248, 2002.
- K. Diethelm, N. J. Ford, and A. D. Freed, “A predictor-corrector approach for the numerical solution of fractional differential equations,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 3–22, 2002.
- O. E. Rössler, “Continuous chaos—four prototype equations,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 316, pp. 376–392, 1979.
- K. Ciesielski, “On the Poincare-Bendixson theorem,” in Lecture Notes in Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 3, pp. 49–69, 2002.
- R. Genesio and A. Tesi, “Harmonic balance methods for the analysis of chaotic dynamics in nonlinear systems,” Automatica, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 531–548, 1992.
- A. Gelb and W. E. Velde, Multiple-Input Describing Functions and Nonlinear System Design, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1967.
- F. A. Savaci and S. Günel, “Harmonic balance analysis of the generalized Chua's circuit,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2325–2332, 2006.
- C. Bonnet and J. R. Partington, “Coprime factorizations and stability of fractional differential systems,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 167–174, 2000.
- R. Genesio, A. Tesi, and F. Villoresi, “Frequency approach for analyzing and controlling chaos in nonlinear circuits,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 819–828, 1993.