- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 916978, 10 pages
Heuristic for Stochastic Online Flowshop Problem with Preemption Penalties
Department of Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran 17347-93138, Iran
Received 20 May 2013; Accepted 26 August 2013
Academic Editor: Oswaldo Luiz do Valle Costa
Copyright © 2013 Mohammad Bayat et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. M. Defersha and M. Chen, “Mathematical model and parallel genetic algorithm for hybrid flexible flowshop lot streaming problem,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 62, no. 1–4, pp. 249–265, 2012.
- M. Mahavi Mazdeh, F. Zaerpour, and F. Firouzi Jahantigh, “A fuzzy modeling for single machine scheduling problem with deteriorating jobs,” International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 147–156, 2010.
- M. Braglia, M. Frosolini, R. Gabbrielli, and F. Zammori, “CONWIP card setting in a flow-shop system with a batch production machine,” International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 2011.
- S. M. Johnson, “Optimal two- and three-stage production schedules with setup times included,” Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 61–68, 1954.
- M. R. Garey, D. S. Johnson, and R. Sethi, “The complexity of flowshop and jobshop scheduling,” Mathematics of Operations Research, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 117–129, 1976.
- J. M. Framinan, J. N. D. Gupta, and R. Leisten, “A review and classification of heuristics for permutation flow-shop scheduling with makespan objective,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 1243–1255, 2004.
- R. Ruiz and C. Maroto, “A comprehensive review and evaluation of permutation flowshop heuristics,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 165, no. 2, pp. 479–494, 2005.
- T. Makino, “On a scheduling problem,” Journal of the Operations Research Society Japan, vol. 8, pp. 32–44, 1965.
- E. Frostig and I. Adiri, “Three-machine flowshop stochastic scheduling to minimize distribution of schedule length,” Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 179–183, 1985.
- S. Sethi, H. Yan, Q. Zhang, and X. Y. Zhou, “Feedback production planning in a stochastic two-machine flowshop: asymptotic analysis and computational results,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 30-31, pp. 79–93, 1993.
- S. E. Elmaghraby and K. A. Thoney, “The two-machine stochastic flowshop problem with arbitrary processing time distributions,” IIE Transactions, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 467–477, 1999.
- P. P. Talwar, “A note on sequencing problems with uncertain job times,” Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan, vol. 9, pp. 93–97, 1967.
- A. A. Cunningham and S. K. Dutta, “Scheduling jobs, with exponentially distributed processing times, on two machines of a flow shop,” Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, vol. 20, pp. 69–81, 1973.
- P. S. Ku and S. C. Niu, “On Johnson's two-machine flow shop with random processing times,” Operations Research, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 130–136, 1986.
- H. M. Soroush and A. Allahverdi, “Stochastic two-machine flowshop scheduling problem with total completion time criterion,” International Journal of Industrial Engineerin, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 159–171, 2005.
- D. Laha and U. K. Chakraborty, “An efficient stochastic hybrid heuristic for flowshop scheduling,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 851–856, 2007.
- V. Portougal and D. Trietsch, “Johnson's problem with stochastic processing times and optimal service level,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 169, no. 3, pp. 751–760, 2006.
- P. J. Kalczynski and J. Kamburowski, “A heuristic for minimizing the expected makespan in two-machine flow shops with consistent coefficients of variation,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 169, no. 3, pp. 742–750, 2006.
- K. R. Baker and D. Altheimer, “Heuristic solution methods for the stochastic flow shop problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 216, no. 1, pp. 172–177, 2012.
- K. R. Baker and D. Trietsch, “Three heuristic procedures for the stochastic two-machine flowshop problem,” Journal of Scheduling, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 445–454, 2011.
- M. Heydari, M. Mahavi Mazdeh, and M. Bayat, “Stochastic online scheduling with preemption penalties,” Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 6, pp. 238–250, 2013.
- K. R. Baker and D. Trietsch, Principles of Sequencing and Scheduling, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2009.