- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 824360, 7 pages
Statistical Analysis of Traffic Accidents in Shanghai River Crossing Tunnels and Safety Countermeasures
1School of Naval Architecture, Ocean and Civil Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
2Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
3School of Automobile and Transportation, Qingdao Technological University, Qingdao, Shandong 266520, China
Received 14 September 2013; Revised 21 November 2013; Accepted 4 December 2013; Published 4 February 2014
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2014 Linjun Lu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Comprehensive Planning Department of the Ministry of Transport of People's Republic of China, “2011 Statistics Bulletin about the Development of Domestic Highway & Waterway Transportation Industry of China,” April 2012, http://www.moc.gov.cn/zhuzhan/tongjigongbao/fenxigongbao/hangyegongbao/201204/t20120425_1231778.html.
- U. Barth, “Managerial and technical aspects of tunnel safety regarding normal and emergency mode,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Tunnel Safety and Ventilation, vol. 8, pp. 8–10, Graz, Austria, 2002.
- H. Mashimo, “State of the road tunnel safety technology in Japan,” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 145–152, 2002.
- NPRA, Studies on Norwegian Road Tunnels, an Analysis on Traffic Accidents and Car Fires in Road Tunnels, Norwegian Public Roads Administration, Directorate of Public Roads, 1997.
- UN, “Recommendations of the group of rxperts on safety in road tunnels—final report,” Document TRANS/AC.7/9, Inland Transport Committee, United Nations Economic and Social Council, 2001.
- J. Modic, “Fire simulation in road tunnels,” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 525–530, 2003.
- F. Vuilleumier, A. Weatherill, and B. Crausaz, “Safety aspects of railway and road tunnel: example of the Lötschberg railway tunnel and Mont-Blanc road tunnel,” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 153–158, 2002.
- F. H. Amundsen and G. Ranes, “Studies on traffic accidents in Norwegian road tunnels,” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 3–11, 2000.
- D. Lacroix, “The new PIARC report on fire and smoke control in road tunnels,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Safety in Road and Rail Tunnels, pp. 185–197, 1998.
- K. Lemke, “Road safety in tunnels,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1740, pp. 170–174, 2000.
- A. N. Beard and D. Cope, “Assessment of the safety of tunnels. Commissioned bythe European parliament,” Tech. Rep. IP/A/STOA/FWC/2005-28/SC22/29, Published in the European Parliament Web-site under the Rubric “Science and Technology, Options Assessment” (STOA), 2008.
- A. Haack, “Current safety issues in traffic tunnels,” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 117–127, 2002.
- S.-R. Zhang, Z.-L. Ma, and Q. Shi, “Distribution characteristics and countermeasures of traffic accidents in expressway tunnel group,” Journal of Chang'an University, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 63–66, 2007.
- Z.-L. Ma, C.-F. Shao, and S.-R. Zhang, “Characteristics of traffic accidents in Chinese freeway tunnels,” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 350–355, 2009.
- F.-B. Lin, C.-W. Chang, P.-Y. Tseng, and C.-W. Su, “Capacity and other traffic characteristics in Taiwan's 12.9-km-long Shea-San tunnel,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 2130, no. 1, pp. 101–108, 2009.
- Y. Zhang, C. He, D. Wu, and Y. Zeng, “Characteristics and countermeasures of traffic accidents in expressway tunnel,” Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 776–781, 2009.
- Z.-L. Ma, C.-F. Shao, and X. Li, “Analysis of factors affecting accident severity in highway tunnels based on logistic model,” Journal of Jilin University, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 423–426, 2010.
- G. Y. Jiang and T. Q. Ding, Traffic Engineering, National Defense Industry Press, Beijing, China, 2007.
- J. G. Gao, L. Chen, H. Y. Chen, and Q. Chen, “Foreign rural road accidents characteristics,” Journal of China & Foreign Highway, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 250–256, 2009.
- “Traffic trip characteristics—spatial and temporal distribution,” http://sh.eastday.com/qtmt/20110309/u1a863059.html.
- W. H. Zhao, H. X. Liu, M. Guang, and L. D. Shi, “Impact of long tunnel entrance on drivers' psychology and speed,” Highways & Automotive Applications, no. 3, pp. 48–51, 2011.