- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Depression Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 134179, 5 pages
CDI Scores in Pediatric Psychiatric Inpatients: A Brief Retrospective Static Group Comparison
ABPP, State Milton Hershey Medical Center/PSU, Penn State College of Medicine, 22 Northeast Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Received 11 January 2011; Revised 12 April 2011; Accepted 29 April 2011
Academic Editor: Yvonne Forsell
Copyright © 2011 Robert D. Friedberg and Steven A. Sinderman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. R. Beardslee, E. J. Wright, P. Salt et al., “Examination of children's responses to two preventive intervention strategies over time,” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 196–204, 1997.
- B. Birmaher, N. D. Ryan, D. E. Williamson et al., “Childhood and adolescent depression: a review of the past 10 years. Part 1,” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1427–1439, 1996.
- S. Nolen-Hoeksema and J. Girgus, “Explanatory style, achievement, depression, and gender differences in childhood and early adolescence,” in Explanatory Style, G. M. Buchanan and M. E. P. Seligman, Eds., pp. 57–70, Lawrence Erlbaum, Hillsdale, NJ, USA, 1995.
- M. Kovacs, D. S. Obrosky, C. Gatsonis, and C. Richards, “First-episode major depressive and dysthymic disorder in childhood: clinical and sociodemographic factors in recovery,” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 777–784, 1997.
- M. Kovacs, The Children's Depression Inventory, Multi-Health Systems, North Tonawanda, NY, USA, 1992.
- M. Kovacs, The Children's Depression Inventory: Manual, Multi-Health Systems, North Tonawanda, NY, USA, 1992.
- J. S. Comer and P. C. Kendall, “High-end specificity of the children's depression inventory in a sample of anxiety-disordered youth,” Depression and Anxiety, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 11–19, 2005.
- M. P. Carey, M. E. Faulstich, F. M. Gresham, L. Ruggiero, and P. Enyart, “Children's depression inventory: construct and discriminant validity across clinical and nonreferred (control) populations,” Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 755–761, 1987.
- A. E. Kazdin, D. Colbus, and A. Rodgers, “Assessment of depression and diagnosis of depressive disorder among psychiatrically disturbed children,” Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 499–515, 1986.
- A. E. Kazdin, K. Esveldt Dawson, A. S. Unis, and M. D. Rancurello, “Child and parent evaluations of depression and aggression in psychiatric inpatient children,” Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 401–413, 1983.
- W. M. Nelson, P. M. Politano, A. J. Finch, N. Wendel, and C. Mayhall, “Children's depression inventory: normative data and utility with emotionally disturbed children,” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 43–48, 1987.
- W. E. Craighead, J. F. Curry, and S. S. Ilardi, “Relationship of children's depression inventory factors to major depression among adolescents,” Psychological Assessment, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 171–176, 1995.
- H. Liss, V. Phares, and L. Liljequist, “Symptom endorsement differences on the children's depression inventory with children and adolescents on an inpatient unit,” Journal of Personality Assessment, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 396–411, 2001.
- B. Timbremont, C. Braet, and L. Dreessen, “Assessing depression in youth: relation between the children's depression inventory and a structured interview,” Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 149–157, 2004.
- S. Matthey and P. Petrovski, “The children's depression inventory: error in cutoff scores for screening purposes,” Psychological Assessment, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 146–149, 2002.
- A. F. Masip, J. A. Amador-Campos, J. Gómez-Benito, and V. D. B. Gándara, “Psychometric properties of the children's depression inventory in community and clinical sample,” Spanish Journal of Psychology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 990–999, 2010.
- J. M. Twenge and S. Nolen-Hoeksema, “Age, gender, race, socioeconomic status, and birth cohort differences on the children's depression inventory: a meta-analysis,” Journal of Abnormal Psychology, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. 578–588, 2002.
- R. E. Roberts, “Depression and suicidal behaviors among adolescents: the role of ethnicity,” in Handbook of Multicultural Mental Health, I. Cuellar and F. A. Panigua , Eds., pp. 359–388, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2000.
- U.S. Surgeon General, Mental health: a report of the Surgeon General [online], http://surgeongeneral.gov/library/mentalhealth/home.html.
- J. T. Gibbs, “African-American adolescents,” in Children of Color: Psychological Interventions with Culturally Diverse Youth, J. T. Gibbs, L. N. Huang, and Associates, Eds., pp. 143–170, Jossey Bass, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1998.
- M. Kovacs, “The children's depression, inventory (CDI),” Psychopharmacology Bulletin, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 995–998, 1985.
- J Roelofs, C. Braet, L. Rood, et al., “Norms and screening utility of the dutch version of the children's depression inventory in clinical and nonclinical youths,” Psychological Assessment, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 866–877, 2010.
- R. D. Friedberg, D. J. Viglione, B. L. Stinson, et al., “Predictors of psychiatric inpatients' level of depression at discharge,” in Proceedings of the Poster Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, Toronto, Canada, May 2006.
- K. R. H. Treadwell, E. Flannery-Schroeder, and P. C. Kendall, “Ethnicity and gender in relation to adaptive functioning, diagnostic status, and treatment outcome in children from an anxiety clinic,” Journal of Anxiety Disorders, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 373–384, 1995.
- D. T. Campbell and J. C. Stanley, Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Designs for Research, Rand McNally, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1963.