- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Depression Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 839743, 9 pages
Disruption of Circadian Rhythms: A Crucial Factor in the Etiology of Depression
1Departamento de Biología Celular y Fisiología, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 04306 México, DF, Mexico
2Departamento de Anatomía, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 04306 México, DF, Mexico
Received 31 January 2011; Revised 4 May 2011; Accepted 6 June 2011
Academic Editor: Dietrich van Calker
Copyright © 2011 Roberto Salgado-Delgado et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [24 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Tamás Halmos, and Ilona Suba, “A cirkadián CLOCK-rendszer élettani és patológiai szerepe,” Orvosi Hetilap, vol. 153, no. 35, pp. 1370–1379, 2012.
- Shannon K. Crowley, and Shawn D. Youngstedt, “Efficacy of light therapy for perinatal depression: a review,” Journal of Physiological Anthropology, vol. 31, 2012.
- Ilona Merikanto, Erkki Kronholm, Markku Peltonen, Tiina Laatikainen, Tuuli Lahti, and Timo Partonen, “Relation of Chronotype to Sleep Complaints in the General Finnish Population,” Chronobiology International, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 311–317, 2012.
- Maria Eugenia Mesquita, Maria Eliza Pupo Finazzi, Leandro Lourenção Duarte, Lee Fu-I, José Alberto Del-Porto, and Luiz Menna-Barreto, “Circadian synchronization linked to a successful treatment in a severely depressed adolescent,” Primary Care Companion to the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 14, no. 3, 2012.
- Philippe Courtet, and Emilie Olié, “Circadian dimension and severity of depression,” European Neuropsychopharmacology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. S476–S481, 2012.
- Araceli Tapia-Osorio, Roberto Salgado-Delgado, Manuel Angeles-Castellanos, and Carolina Escobar, “Disruption of circadian rhythms due to chronic constant light leads to depressive and anxiety-like behaviors in the rat,” Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 252, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Ritsaert Lieverse, Rinske de Vries, Adriaan W. Hoogendoorn, Johannes H. Smit, and Witte J. G. Hoogendijk, “Social Support and Social Rhythm Regularity in Elderly Patients with Major Depressive Disorder,” American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1144–1153, 2013.
- Yukihiro Noda, Ken Watanabe, Toshitaka Nabeshima, and Akihiro Mouri, “The roles of MAGE-D1 in the neuronal functions and pathology of the central nervous system,” Reviews In The Neurosciences, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 61–70, 2013.
- B. Rothschild-Fuentes, A. Roche, A. Jiménez-Genchi, J.C. Sánchez-Ferrer, A. Fresan, and J. Muñoz-Delgado, “Effects of mirtazapine on the sleep wake rhythm of geriatric patients with major depression: An exploratory study with actigraphy,” Pharmacopsychiatry, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 59–62, 2013.
- V. D. K. Reddy, “Effect of restricted feeding on nocturnality and daily leptin rhythms in OVLT in aged male Wistar rats,” Biogerontology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 245–256, 2014.
- Marko Miler, Branka Šošić-Jurjević, Nataša Nestorović, Nataša Ristić, Ivana Medigović, Svetlana Savin, and Verica Milošević, “Morphological and functional changes in pituitary-thyroid axis following prolonged exposure of female rats to constant light,” Journal of Morphology, vol. 275, no. 10, pp. 1161–1172, 2014.
- Shilan Aslani, Mazen R. Harb, Patricio S. Costa, Osborne F. X. Almeida, Nuno Sousa, and Joana A. Palha, “Day and night: diurnal phase influences the response to chronic mild stress,” Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Marco Brancaccio, Ryosuke Enoki, Cristina N. Mazuski, Jeff Jones, Jennifer A. Evans, and Abdelhalim Azzi, “Network-Mediated Encoding of Circadian Time: The Suprachiasmatic Nucleus (SCN) from Genes to Neurons to Circuits, and Back,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 34, no. 46, pp. 15192–15199, 2014.
- Anna R. Brandon, Shannon K. Crowley, Jennifer L. Gordon, and Susan S. Girdler, “Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Depression Related to Reproductive Events,” Current Psychiatry Reports, vol. 16, no. 12, 2014.
- Agata R. Carpentieri, Clara Oliva, Antoni Diez-Noguera, and Trinitat Cambras, “Melatonin administration modifies circadian motor activity under constant light depending on the lighting conditions during suckling,” Chronobiology International, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 994–1004, 2015.
- Augusto Duarte Faria, Taiane de Azevedo Cardoso, Thaise Campos Mondin, Luciano Dias de Mattos Souza, Pedro Vieira da Silva Magalhaes, Cristian Patrick Zeni, Ricardo Azevedo da Silva, Flavio Kapczinski, and Karen Jansen, “Biological rhythms in bipolar and depressive disorders: a community study with drug-Naïve young adults,” Journal of Affective Disorders, 2015.
- Stéphanie Perreau-Lenz, and Rainer Spanagel, “Clock Genes × Stress × Reward Interactions in Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders,” Alcohol, 2015.
- Anne-Loes Opperhuizen, Linda W. M. van Kerkhof, Karin I. Proper, Wendy Rodenburg, and Andries Kalsbeek, “Rodent models to study the metabolic effects of shiftwork in humans,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Thaise Campos Mondin, Taiane de Azevedo Cardoso, Karen Jansen, Giovanna Del Grande da Silva, Luciano Dias de Mattos Souza, and Ricardo Azevedo da Silva, “Long-term effects of cognitive therapy on biological rhythms and depressive symptoms: A randomized clinical trial,” Journal Of Affective Disorders, vol. 187, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- S. Aslani, N. Vieira, F. Marques, P. S. Costa, N. Sousa, and J. A. Palha, “The effect of high-fat diet on rat's mood, feeding behavior and response to stress,” Translational Psychiatry, vol. 5, 2015.
- An-Ping Chai, Wen-Pei Ma, Li-Ping Wang, Jun Cao, Lin Xu, Yue-Xiong Yang, and Rong-Rong Mao, “Chronic constant light-induced hippocampal late-phase long-term potentiation impairment in vitro is attenuated by antagonist of D1/D5 receptors,” Brain Research, vol. 1622, pp. 72–80, 2015.
- Sarah Bogen, Tanja Legenbauer, Stephanie Gest, and Martin Holtmann, “Lighting the mood of depressed youth: Feasibility and efficacy of a 2 week-placebo controlled bright light treatment for juvenile inpatients,” Journal of Affective Disorders, 2015.
- Veronika Kiryanova, Victoria M. Smith, Richard H. Dyck, and Michael C. Antle, “Circadian behavior of adult mice exposed to stress and fluoxetine during development,” Psychopharmacology, 2016.
- Fernanda Pedrotti Moreira, Karen Jansen, Thaíse Campos Mondin, Taiane de Azevedo Cardoso, Pedro Vieira da Silva Magalhães, Flavio Kapczinski, Benicio N. Frey, Jean Pierre Oses, Luciano Dias de Mattos Souza, Ricardo Azevedo da Silva, and Carolina David Wiener, “Biological rhythms, metabolic syndrome and current depressive episode in a community sample,” Psychoneuroendocrinology, vol. 72, pp. 34–39, 2016.