- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 265023, 14 pages
Ginseng and Its Active Components Ginsenosides Inhibit Adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 Cells by Regulating MMP-2 and MMP-9
1Department of Life Sciences, Mokwon University, Daejeon 302-729, Republic of Korea
2Genome Research Center, KRIBB, Daejeon 305-806, Republic of Korea
3Department of Formula Sciences, College of Oriental Medicine, Dong-Eui University, Busan 614-052, Republic of Korea
Received 29 July 2012; Revised 27 September 2012; Accepted 4 October 2012
Academic Editor: Chong-Zhi Wang
Copyright © 2012 Jaeho Oh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Man Su Kim, “Korean Red Ginseng Tonic Extends Lifespan in D. melanogaster,” Biomolecules & Therapeutics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 241–245, 2013.
- Sunyoon Jung, Mak-Soon Lee, Yoonjin Shin, Chong-Tai Kim, In-Hwan Kim, Young Soon Kim, and Yangha Kim, “Anti-obesity and anti-inflammatory effects of high hydrostatic pressure extracts of ginseng in high-fat diet induced obese rats,” Journal of Functional Foods, vol. 10, pp. 169–177, 2014.
- Solange Pereira, Lilian Teixeira, Edenil Aguilar, Marina Oliveira, Alexandre Savassi-Rocha, Juliana Navia Pelaez, Luciano Capettini, Marco Tulio Diniz, Adaliene Ferreira, and Jacqueline Alvarez-Leite, “Modulation of adipose tissue inflammation by FOXP3+Treg cells, IL-10, and TGF-beta in metabolically healthy class III obese individuals,” Nutrition, vol. 30, no. 7-8, pp. 784–790, 2014.
- Mak-Soon Lee, Sunyoon Jung, Soojung Oh, Yoonjin Shin, Chong-Tai Kim, In-Hwan Kim, and Yangha Kim, “Effect of high hydrostatic pressure extract of fresh ginseng on adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2014.
- Mi-Young Song, Bong-Soo Kim, and Hojun Kim, “Influence of Panax ginseng on obesity and gut microbiota in obese middle-aged Korean women,” Journal of Ginseng Research, 2014.
- Sangee Woo, Miso Yoon, Jeongjun Kim, Yeonhee Hong, Min-Young Kim, Soon Shik Shin, and Michung Yoon, “The anti-angiogenic herbal extract from Melissa officinalis inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and suppresses adipocyte hypertrophy in high fat diet-induced obese C57BL/6J mice,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 178, pp. 238–250, 2016.
- Hyunghee Lee, Jeonghyun Choi, Soon Shik Shin, and Michung Yoon, “Effects of Korean red ginseng (Panax ginseng) on obesity and adipose inflammation in ovariectomized mice,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 178, pp. 229–237, 2016.
- Y. X. Qi, X. H. Zhang, Y. Q. Wang, Y. Z. Pang, Z. B. Zhang, T. L. Zhang, and Z. X. Zhang, “Expression of MMP-1,-2, and-8 in longissimus dorsi muscle and their relationship with meat quality traits in cattle,” Genetics And Molecular Research, vol. 15, no. 1, 2016.