- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 382763, 20 pages
Pomegranate Protection against Cardiovascular Diseases
The Lipid Research Laboratory, Technion Faculty of Medicine, The Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences and Rambam Medical Center, Haifa 31096, Israel
Received 10 July 2012; Accepted 10 October 2012
Academic Editor: Ari M. Mackler
Copyright © 2012 Michael Aviram and Mira Rosenblat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Saleem Banihani, Samer Swedan, and Ziyad Alguraan, “Pomegranate and type 2 diabetes,” Nutrition Research, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 341–348, 2013.
- Coskun Usta, Semir Ozdemir, Michele Schiariti, and Paolo Emilio Puddu, “The pharmacological use of ellagic acid-rich pomegranate fruit,” International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Fatemeh Forouzanfar, Amir Afkhami Goli, Elham Asadpour, Ahmad Ghorbani, and Hamid Reza Sadeghnia, “Protective Effect of Punica granatum L. against Serum/Glucose Deprivation-Induced PC12 Cells Injury,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Nejib Hasnaoui, Bernard Wathelet, and Ana Jiménez-Araujo, “Valorization of pomegranate peel from 12 cultivars: Dietary fiber composition, antioxidant capacity and functional properties,” Food Chemistry, 2014.
- Violetta Kozik, Krystyna Jarzembek, Agnieszka Jedrzejowska, Andrzej Bak, Justyna Polak, Mariola Bartoszek, and Katarzyna Pytlakowska, “Investigation of Antioxidant Activity of Pomegranate Juices by Means of Electron Paramagnetic Resonance and UV-Vis Spectroscopy,” Journal Of Aoac International, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 866–870, 2015.
- Muhammad Mushtaq, Bushra Sultana, Farooq Anwar, Ahmad Adnan, and Syed S.H. Rizvi, “Enzyme-assisted supercritical fluid extraction of phenolic antioxidants from pomegranate peel,” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2015.
- Amirhossein Sahebkar, Camelia Gurban, Alexandru Serban, Florina Andrica, and Maria-Corina Serban, “Effects of supplementation with Pomegranate juice on plasma C - reactive protein concentrations: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials,” Phytomedicine, 2015.
- Su Jin Kang, Beom Rak Choi, Eun Kyoung Lee, Seung Hee Kim, Hae Yeon Yi, Hye Rim Park, Chang Hyun Song, Young Joon Lee, and Sae Kwang Ku, “Inhibitory Effect of Dried Pomegranate Concentration Powder on Melanogenesis in B16F10 Melanoma Cells; Involvement of p38 and PKA Signaling Pathways,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 24219–24242, 2015.
- Christian Vlachojannis, Paul Erne, Andreas W. Schoenenberger, and Sigrun Chrubasik-Hausmann, “A Critical Evaluation of the Clinical Evidence for Pomegranate Preparations in the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases,” Phytotherapy Research, 2015.
- Ilaria Zanotti, Margherita Dall'Asta, Pedro Mena, Laura Mele, Renato Bruni, Sumantra Ray, and Daniele Del Rio, “Atheroprotective effects of (poly)phenols: a focus on cell cholesterol metabolism,” Food Funct., vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 13–31, 2015.
- Mira Rosenblat, Nina Volkova, Hamutal Borochov-Neori, Sylvie Judeinstein, and Michael Aviram, “Anti-atherogenic properties of date vs. pomegranate polyphenols: the benefits of the combination,” Food & Function, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1496–1509, 2015.
- Oren Rom, Nina Volkova, Sukhendu Nandi, Raz Jelinek, and Michael Aviram, “Pomegranate Juice Polyphenols Induce Macrophage Death via Apoptosis as Opposed to Necrosis Induced by Free Radical Generation,” Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 106–114, 2016.
- M. Bidri, and P. Choay, “Regain d’intérêt pour la grenade, un fruit majestueux aux multiples propriétés,” Phytothérapie, 2016.
- Oren Rom, and Michael Aviram, “Paraoxsonase2 (PON2) and oxidative stress involvement in pomegranate juice protection against cigarette smoke-induced macrophage cholesterol accumulation,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2016.
- Ifat Matityahu, Prosper Marciano, Doron Holland, Ruth Ben-Arie, and Rachel Amir, “Differential effects of regular and controlled atmosphere storage on the quality of three cultivars of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.),” Postharvest Biology And Technology, vol. 115, pp. 132–141, 2016.