- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 429268, 10 pages
Randomized Clinical Trial on the Use of PHYSTA Freeze-Dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia for the Improvement of Quality of Life and Sexual Well-Being in Men
1School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Malaysia
2Department of Science and Clinical Trial, Biotropics Malaysia Berhad, Level 52, Menara TM, Jalan Pantai Baharu, 50672 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3Department of Life Sciences, Technical University of Braunschweig, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Received 15 May 2012; Accepted 26 September 2012
Academic Editor: Ching Lan
Copyright © 2012 Shaiful Bahari Ismail et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ching-Hao Li, Jiunn-Wang Liao, Po-Lin Liao, Wei-Kuang Huang, Ling-Shan Tse, Cheng-Hui Lin, Jaw-Jou Kang, and Yu-Wen Cheng, “Evaluation of Acute 13-Week Subchronic Toxicity and Genotoxicity of the Powdered Root of Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia Jack),” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Shawn M Talbott, Julie A Talbott, Annie George, and Mike Pugh, “Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects,” Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 28, 2013.
- A. George, and R. Henkel, “ Phytoandrogenic properties of Eurycoma longifolia as natural alternative to testosterone replacement therapy ,” Andrologia, 2014.
- Shaiful Bahari Ismail, Mohd. Bustamanizan Bakar, Nik Hazlina Nik Hussain, Mohd Noor Norhayati, Siti Amrah Sulaiman, Hasnan Jaafar, Samsul Draman, Roszaman Ramli, and Wan Zahanim Wan Yusoff, “Comparison on the Effects and Safety of Tualang Honey and Tribestan in Sperm Parameters, Erectile Function, and Hormonal Profiles among Oligospermic Males,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Jay K. Udani, Annie A. George, Mufiza Musthapa, Michael N. Pakdaman, and Azreena Abas, “Effects of a Proprietary Freeze-Dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia (Physta) and Polygonum minus on Sexual Performance and Well-Being in Men: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Vince C. Kreipke, Brittany R. Allman, Amber W. Kinsey, Robert J. Moffatt, Robert C. Hickner, and Michael J. Ormsbee, “Impact of Four Weeks of a Multi-Ingredient Performance Supplement on Muscular Strength, Body Composition, and Anabolic Hormones in Resistance-Trained Young Men,” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 3453–3465, 2015.
- Surachai Kotirum, Shaiful Bahari Ismail, and Nathorn Chaiyakunapruk, “Efficacy of Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) on erectile function improvement: Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials,” Complementary Therapies In Medicine, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 693–698, 2015.
- Shaheed Ur Rehman, Min Sun Choi, Young Min Han, In Sook Kim, Seung Hyun Kim, Xiang-Lan Piao, and Hye Hyun Yoo, “Determination of eurycomanone in rat plasma using hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for pharmacokinetic study,” Biomedical Chromatography, 2016.
- Shaheed Rehman, Kevin Choe, and Hye Yoo, “Review on a Traditional Herbal Medicine, Eurycoma longifolia Jack (Tongkat Ali): Its Traditional Uses, Chemistry, Evidence-Based Pharmacology and Toxicology,” Molecules, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 331, 2016.