- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 490843, 12 pages
Effects and Interaction of Icariin, Curculigoside, and Berberine in Er-Xian Decoction, a Traditional Chinese Medicinal Formula, on Osteoclastic Bone Resorption
1School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, 325 Guohe Road, Shanghai 200433, China
2Department of Pharmaceutical, PLA 455 Hospital, Shanghai 200052, China
3School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Byrom Street, Liverpool L3 3AF, UK
Received 11 July 2012; Revised 9 September 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editor: Norazlina Mohamed
Copyright © 2012 Liming Xue et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xin Zhang, Tie Liu, Yuanliang Huang, Daniel Wismeijer, and Yuelian Liu, “Icariin: Does It Have An Osteoinductive Potential for Bone Tissue Engineering?,” Phytotherapy Research, 2013.
- Jianjun Ma, Yan Ma, Xuqiang Liu, Shuai Chen, Chao Liu, An Qin, and Shunwu Fan, “Gambogic acid inhibits osteoclast formation and ovariectomy-induced osteoporosis by suppressing the JNK, p38 and Akt signalling pathways,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 469, pp. 399–408, 2015.
- Shiwei Wang, Yao Tong, Tzi-Bun Ng, Lixing Lao, Jenny Ka Wing Lam, Kalin Yanbo Zhang, Zhang-Jin Zhang, and Stephen Cho Wing Sze, “Network pharmacological identification of active compounds and potential actions of Erxian decoction in alleviating menopause-related symptoms,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 10, 2015.
- Xue-Qin Ma, Ting Han, Xia Zhang, Jin-Zhong Wu, Khalid Rahman, Lu-Ping Qin, and Cheng-Jian Zheng, “Kaempferitrin prevents bone lost in ovariectomized rats,” Phytomedicine, 2015.
- Chenrui Li, Qiang Li, Qibing Mei, and Tingli Lu, “Pharmacology effects and pharmacokinetic properties of icariin, the major bioactive component in Herba Epimedii,” Life Sciences, 2015.
- Liming Xue, Yiping Jiang, Ting Han, Naidan Zhang, Luping Qin, Hailiang Xin, and Qiaoyan Zhang, “Comparative proteomic and metabolomic analysis reveal the antiosteoporotic molecular mechanism of icariin from Epimedium brevicornu Maxim,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2016.
- Zhiguo Zhang, Qiaoyan Zhang, Hua Yang, Wei Liu, Naidan Zhang, Luping Qin, and Hailiang Xin, “Monotropein isolated from the roots of Morinda officinalis increases osteoblastic bone formation and prevents bone loss in ovariectomized mice,” Fitoterapia, 2016.
- Chun-Tao Che, Man Wong, and Christopher Lam, “Natural Products from Chinese Medicines with Potential Benefits to Bone Health,” Molecules, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 239, 2016.
- Hai Li, Bingpu Chen, Guangfu Pang, Jianhai Chen, Jisheng Xie, and Hailing Huang, “Anti-osteoporotic activity of puerarin 6 ''-O-xyloside on ovariectomized mice and its potential mechanism,” Pharmaceutical Biology, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 111–117, 2016.
- Shufen Liu, Jianhua Huang, Jing Wang, Yongjian Zhao, Sheng Lu, Yongjun Wang, and Qin Bian, “Er-Xian Decoction Stimulates Osteoblastic Differentiation of Bone Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Ovariectomized Mice and Its Gene Profile Analysis,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2016, pp. 1–10, 2016.