- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 516870, 10 pages
Preventive and Protective Properties of Zingiber officinale (Ginger) in Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetic Complications, and Associated Lipid and Other Metabolic Disorders: A Brief Review
Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Received 16 August 2012; Accepted 21 October 2012
Academic Editor: I-Min Liu
Copyright © 2012 Yiming Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zohra Ghlissi, Rim Atheymen, Mouhamed Ali Boujbiha, Zouheir Sahnoun, Fatma Makni Ayedi, Khaled Zeghal, Abdelfattah El Feki, and Ahmed Hakim, “Antioxidant and androgenic effects of dietary ginger on reproductive function of male diabetic rats,” International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 974–978, 2013.
- Cicero L. T. Chang, Yenshou Lin, Arlene P. Bartolome, Yi-Ching Chen, Shao-Chih Chiu, and Wen-Chin Yang, “Herbal Therapies for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Chemistry, Biology, and Potential Application of Selected Plants and Compounds,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–33, 2013.
- Mohsen Salimifar, Zahra Fatehi-Hassanabad, and Mohammad Fatehi, “A review on natural products for controlling type 2 diabetes with an emphasis on their mechanisms of actions,” Current Diabetes Reviews, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 402–411, 2013.
- Daniel Sincholle, “Le gingembre, un exemple d’aliment fonctionnel,” Pratiques en nutrition, vol. 10, no. 39, pp. 38–42, 2014.
- Gehan El-Akabawy, and Wael El-Kholy, “Neuroprotective Effect of Ginger in the Brain of Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats,” Annals of Anatomy - Anatomischer Anzeiger, 2014.
- Tahereh Arablou, Naheed Aryaeian, Majid Valizadeh, Faranak Sharifi, AghaFatemeh Hosseini, and Mahmoud Djalali, “The effect of ginger consumption on glycemic status, lipid profile and some inflammatory markers in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus,” International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Arash Khaki, Amir Afshin Khaki, Laleh Hajhosseini, Farhad Sadeghpour Golzar, and Nava Ainehchi, “The Anti-Oxidant Effects Of Ginger And Cinnamon On Spermatogenesis Dys-Function Of Diabetes Rats.,” African Journal of Traditional Complementary and Alternative Medicines, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Martin Liebhauser, Michael Ofner, and Friedrich Mittermayer, “Successful Management of Type 2 Diabetes with Lifestyle Intervention: A Case Report,” International Journal For Vitamin And Nutrition Research, vol. 84, no. 3-4, pp. 133–139, 2014.
- Basil D. Roufogalis, “ Zingiber officinale (Ginger): A Future Outlook on Its Potential in Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes and Prediabetic States ,” New Journal of Science, vol. 2014, pp. 1–15, 2014.
- Paphaphat Thiraphatthanavong, Jintanaporn Wattanathorn, Supaporn Muchimapura, Wipawee Thukham-mee, Kamol Lertrat, and Bhalang Suriharn, “The Combined Extract of Purple Waxy Corn and Ginger Prevents Cataractogenesis and Retinopathy in Streptozotocin-Diabetic Rats,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Priya Antony, and Ranjit Vijayan, “Identification of Novel Aldose Reductase Inhibitors from Spices: A Molecular Docking and Simulation Study,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015.
- Yingdong Zhu, Yantao Zhao, Pei Wang, Mohamed Ahmedna, and Shengmin Sang, “Bioactive Ginger Constituents Alleviate Protein Glycation by Trapping Methylglyoxal,” Chemical Research in Toxicology, pp. 150813134555009, 2015.
- Vahideh Ebrahimzadeh Attari, Mohammad Asghari Jafarabadi, Maryam Zemestani, and Alireza Ostadrahimi, “ Effect of Zingiber officinale Supplementation on Obesity Management with Respect to the Uncoupling Protein 1 -3826A>G and ß3-adrenergic Receptor Trp64Arg Polymorphism ,” Phytotherapy Research, 2015.
- Vahideh Ebrahimzadeh Attari, Sepideh Mahluji, Mohammad Asghari Jafarabadi, and Alireza Ostadrahimi, “Effects of Supplementation with Ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) on Serum Glucose, Lipid Profile and Oxidative Stress in Obese Women: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial,” Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 184–191, 2015.
- Corina Danciu, Lavinia Vlaia, Florinela Fetea, Monica Hancianu, Dorina E. Coricovac, Sorina A. Ciurlea, Codruta M. Soica, Iosif Marincu, Vicentiu Vlaia, Cristina A. Dehelean, and Cristina Trandafirescu, “Evaluation of phenolic profile, antioxidant and anticancer potential of two main representants of Zingiberaceae family against B164A5 murine melanoma ,” Biological Research, vol. 48, 2015.
- Muhammad Sajid Hamid Akash, Kanwal Rehman, Muhammad Tariq, and Shuqing Chen, “Zingiber officinale and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Evidence from Experimental Studies,” Critical Reviews In Eukaryotic Gene Expression, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 91–112, 2015.
- Bolajoko Idiat Ogunyinka, Babatunji Emmanuel Oyinloye, Abiola Fatimah Adenowo, and Abidemi Paul Kappo, “Potentials Of Some Plant-Derived Foods In The Management Of Diabetes And Associated Complications,” African Journal Of Traditional Complementary And Alternative Medicines, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 12–20, 2015.
- Jintanaporn Wattanathorn, Paphaphat Thiraphatthanavong, Supaporn Muchimapura, Wipawee Thukhammee, Kamol Lertrat, and Bhalang Suriharn, “ The Combined Extract of Zingiber officinale and Zea mays (Purple Color) Improves Neuropathy, Oxidative Stress, and Axon Density in Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Rats ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Xinyan Bi, Joseph Lim, and Christiani Jeyakumar Henry, “Spices in the management of diabetes mellitus,” Food Chemistry, 2016.
- Yi-Syuan Lai, Wan-Ching Lee, Yu-En Lin, Chi-Tang Ho, Kuan-Hung Lu, Shih-Hang Lin, Suraphan Panyod, Yung-Lin Chu, and Lee-Yan Sheen, “Ginger Essential Oil Ameliorates Hepatic Injury and Lipid Accumulation in High Fat Diet-Induced Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2016.