- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 570431, 9 pages
Training Self-Administered Acupressure Exercise among Postmenopausal Women with Osteoarthritic Knee Pain: A Feasibility Study and Lessons Learned
1Department of Family and Community Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th Street, STOP 8143, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
2Department of Pathology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
3School of Allied Health Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
4Clinical Research Institute, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
5School of Nursing, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
6Department of Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
7Department of Family and Community Medicine, TCM Research Program, Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, East Hall, 520 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Received 30 May 2012; Revised 14 August 2012; Accepted 24 August 2012
Academic Editor: Vitaly Napadow
Copyright © 2012 Yan Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Amany S. Sorour, Amany S. Ayoub, and Eman M. Abd El Aziz, “Effectiveness of acupressure versus isometric exercise on pain, stiffness, and physical function in knee osteoarthritis female patients,” Journal of Advanced Research, 2013.
- Won Shin, “The effect of convalescent meridian acupressure after exercise on stress hormones and lactic acid concentration changes,” Journal of Exercise Rehabilitation, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 331–335, 2013.
- Wei-hong Liu, Yang Hao, Yan-jing Han, Xiao-hong Wang, Chen Li, and Wan-ning Liu, “Analysis and Thoughts about the Negative Results of International Clinical Trials on Acupuncture,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–14, 2015.
- Lydia W. Li, Richard E. Harris, Susan L. Murphy, Alex Tsodikov, and Laura Struble, “Feasibility of a Randomized Controlled Trial of Self-Administered Acupressure for Symptom Management in Older Adults with Knee Osteoarthritis,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2016.