- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 639469, 10 pages
Fisetin Inhibits Hyperglycemia-Induced Proinflammatory Cytokine Production by Epigenetic Mechanisms
1Pharmacology Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology, Daejeon 305-600, Republic of Korea
2Department of Food and Nutrition, Kwangju Women’s University, 165 Sanjeong Dong, Gwangsan-Gu, Gwangju 506-713, Republic of Korea
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 3 December 2012
Academic Editor: Menaka C. Thounaojam
Copyright © 2012 Hye Joo Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alejandro Cuevas, Nicolas Saavedra, Luis A. Salazar, and Dulcineia S. P. Abdalla, “Modulation of Immune Function by Polyphenols: Possible Contribution of Epigenetic Factors,” Nutrients, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 2314–2332, 2013.
- Bidya Dhar Sahu, Anil Kumar Kalvala, Meghana Koneru, Jerald Mahesh Kumar, Madhusudana Kuncha, Shyam Sunder Rachamalla, and Ramakrishna Sistla, “Ameliorative Effect of Fisetin on Cisplatin-Induced Nephrotoxicity in Rats via Modulation of NF-kappa B Activation and Antioxidant Defence,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Carla Micucci, Silvia Orciari, and Alfonso Catalano, “Hyperglycemia Promotes K-Ras-Induced Lung Tumorigenesis through BASCs Amplification,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Malgorzata Wegner, Daniel Neddermann, Maria Piorunska-Stolzmann, and Pawel P. Jagodzinski, “Role of epigenetic mechanisms in the development of chronic complications of diabetes,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 164–175, 2014.
- M Remely, L Lovrecic, A L de la Garza, L Migliore, B Peterlin, F I Milagro, A J Martinez, and A G Haslberger, “Therapeutic perspectives of epigenetically active nutrients,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2014.
- Gopalan Sriram Prasath, and Sorimuthu Pillai Subramanian, “Antihyperlipidemic Effect of Fisetin, a Bioflavonoid of Strawberries, Studied in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats,” Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 442–449, 2014.
- Christian Busch, Markus Burkard, Christian Leischner, Ulrich M. Lauer, Jan Frank, and Sascha Venturelli, “Epigenetic activities of flavonoids in the prevention and treatment of cancer,” Clinical Epigenetics, vol. 7, no. 1, 2015.
- Hsiu-Mei Chiang, Shih-Yun Chan, Yin Chu, and Kuo-Ching Wen, “Fisetin Ameliorated Photodamage by Suppressing the Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase/Matrix Metalloproteinase Pathway and Nuclear Factor-κB Pathways,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, pp. 150429094048005, 2015.
- Ramachandran Vinayagam, and Baojun Xu, “Antidiabetic properties of dietary flavonoids: a cellular mechanism review,” Nutrition & Metabolism, vol. 12, no. 1, 2015.
- Gang Wang, JunJie Wang, Li Du, and Fei Li, “ Effect and Mechanism of Total Flavonoids Extracted from Cotinus coggygria against Glioblastoma Cancer In Vitro and In Vivo ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Jian-Ming Li, Wu-Yin Li, Man-Yu Huang, and Xiao-Qiang Zhang, “Fisetin, a dietary flavonoid induces apoptosis via modulating the MAPK and PI3K/Akt signalling pathways in human osteosarcoma (U-2 OS) cells,” Bangladesh Journal Of Pharmacology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 820–829, 2015.
- Mohamed E.M. Saeed, Marion Meyer, Ahmed Hussein, and Thomas Efferth, “Cytotoxicity of South-African medicinal plants towards sensitive and multidrug-resistant cancer cells,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2016.
- Mei-Fang Li, Rong Zhang, Ting-Ting Li, Ming-Yun Chen, Lian-Xi Li, Jun-Xi Lu, and Wei-Ping Jia, “High Glucose Increases the Expression of Inflammatory Cytokine Genes in Macrophages Through H3K9 Methyltransferase Mechanism,” Journal Of Interferon And Cytokine Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 48–61, 2016.