- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 670536, 14 pages
Acupuncture Stimulation Alleviates Corticosterone-Induced Impairments of Spatial Memory and Cholinergic Neurons in Rats
1Acupuncture and Meridian Science Research Center, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi-dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea
2Department of Oriental Medicine, Graduate School of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi-dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea
Received 24 May 2011; Accepted 8 September 2011
Academic Editor: Rui Chen
Copyright © 2012 Bombi Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ho-Sung Lee, Won-Hee Park, A.-Reum Je, Hee-Seok Kweon, and Byung-Cheon Lee, “Evidence for novel structures (primo vessels and primo nodes) floating in the venous sinuses of rat brains,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 522, no. 2, pp. 98–102, 2012.
- Chatchada Sutalangka, Jintanaporn Wattanathorn, Supaporn Muchimapura, Wipawee Thukham-mee, Panakaporn Wannanon, and Terdthai Tong-un, “Laser Acupuncture Improves Memory Impairment in an Animal Model of Alzheimer’s Disease,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2013.
- Bombi Lee, Bongjun Sur, Sunoh Kwon, Mijung Yeom, Insop Shim, Hyejung Lee, and Dae-Hyun Hahm, “Chronic Administration of Catechin Decreases Depression and Anxiety-Like Behaviors in a Rat Model Using Chronic Corticosterone Injections,” Biomolecules & Therapeutics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 313–322, 2013.
- Maria Luisa Rocco, Andrea Pristerà, Luana Pistillo, Luigi Aloe, Nadia Canu, and Luigi Mannic, “Brain cholinergic markers and tau phosphorylation are altered in experimental type 1 diabetes: Normalization by electroacupuncture,” Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 767–773, 2013.
- Jian Yang, Yu Pei, Yan-Li Pan, Jun Jia, Chen Shi, Yan Yu, Jia-Hui Deng, Bo Li, Xiao-Li Gong, Xuan Wang, Xiao-Min Wang, and Xin Ma, “Enhanced Antidepressant-Like Effects of Electroacupuncture Combined with Citalopram in a Rat Model of Depression,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- L.-Y. Li, N. Jiang, and Y. Zhao, “Could acupuncture have a role in the treatment of autism spectrum disorder via modulation of BDNF expression and activation?,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 503–505, 2014.
- Bombi Lee, Bongjun Sur, Jaegul Shim, Dae-Hyun Hahm, and Hyejung Lee, “Acupuncture stimulation improves scopolamine-induced cognitive impairment via activation of cholinergic system and regulation of BDNF and CREB expressions in rats,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- Bombi Lee, Bongjun Sur, Mijung Yeom, Insop Shim, Hyejung Lee, and Dae-Hyun Hahm, “Alpha-Asarone, a Major Component of Acorus gramineus, Attenuates Corticosterone-Induced Anxiety-Like Behaviours via Modulating TrkB Signaling Process,” Korean Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 191–200, 2014.
- Mason Chin Pang Leung, Ka Keung Yip, Yuen Shan Ho, Flora Ka Wai Siu, Wai Chin Li, and Belinda Garner, “Mechanisms Underlying the Effect of Acupuncture on Cognitive Improvement: A Systematic Review of Animal Studies,” Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology, 2014.
- Dong Lin, Ike De La Pena, Lili Lin, Shu-Feng Zhou, Cesar Borlongan, and Chuanhai Cao, “The Neuroprotective Role of Acupuncture and Activation of the BDNF Signaling Pathway,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 3234–3252, 2014.
- Nattaporn Phunchago, Jintanaporn Wattanathorn, Kowit Chaisiwamongkol, Supaporn Muchimapura, and Wipawee Thukham-mee, “Acupuncture Reduces Memory Impairment and Oxidative Stress and Enhances Cholinergic Function in an Animal Model of Alcoholism,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2014.
- Bombi Lee, Bongjun Sur, Insop Shim, Hyejung Lee, and Dae-Hyun Hahm, “Baicalin improves chronic corticosterone-induced learning and memory deficits via the enhancement of impaired hippocampal brain-derived neurotrophic factor and cAMP response element-binding protein expression in the rat,” Journal of Natural Medicines, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 132–143, 2014.
- Bombi Lee, Bong-Jun Sur, Insop Shim, Dae-Hyun Hahm, and Hyejung Lee, “Acupuncture Stimulation Attenuates Impaired Emotional-Like Behaviors and Activation of the Noradrenergic System during Protracted Abstinence following Chronic Morphine Exposure in Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–17, 2014.
- Jintanaporn Wattanathorn, and Chatchada Sutalangka, “Laser Acupuncture at HT7 Acupoint Improves Cognitive Deficit, Neuronal Loss, Oxidative Stress, and Functions of Cholinergic and Dopaminergic Systems in Animal Model of Parkinson’s Disease,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Jin Young Chung, Dae Young Yoo, Wooseok Im, Jung Hoon Choi, Sun Shin Yi, Hwa Young Youn, In Koo Hwang, Je Kyung Seong, and Yeo Sung Yoon, “Electroacupuncture at the Zusanli and Baihui acupoints ameliorates type-2 diabetes-induced reductions in proliferating cells and differentiated neurob,” Journal Of Veterinary Medical Science, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 167–173, 2015.
- Bombi Lee, Bongjun Sur, Seong-Guk Cho, Mijung Yeom, Insop Shim, Hyejung Lee, and Dae-Hyun Hahm, “Effect of Beta-Asarone on Impairment of Spatial Working Memory and Apoptosis in the Hippocampus of Rats Exposed to Chronic Corticosterone Administrati,” Biomolecules & Therapeutics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 571–581, 2015.
- Ke Li, Fang-Fang Liu, Chun-Xue He, He-Zhou Huang, Ao-Ji Xie, Fan Hu, Dan Liu, Jian-Zhi Wang, and Ling-Qiang Zhu, “Olfactory Deprivation Hastens Alzheimer-Like Pathologies in a Human Tau-Overexpressed Mouse Model via Activation of cdk5,” Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 391–401, 2016.