- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 989705, 7 pages
Randomized Comparison of the Therapeutic Effect of Acupuncture, Massage, and Tachibana-Style-Method on Stiff Shoulders by Measuring Muscle Firmness, VAS, Pulse, and Blood Pressure
1Nihon Traditional Medical Society, Denenchofu 2-45-8 Ota-ku, Tokyo 145-0071, Japan
2Shinjuku Vocational College of Acupuncture, Moxibustion and Judo Therapy (SSJS), Samoncho 5, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-007, Japan
3Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Tokyo Dental College, Mihama-ku, Chiba 261-8502, Japan
Received 12 August 2011; Revised 28 October 2011; Accepted 13 November 2011
Academic Editor: Vitaly Napadow
Copyright © 2012 Kazuhiro Tachibana et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Nakamura and Nakamura Naoyuki Laboratory of Integrated Medicine & Welfare, “The present condition and its market size of the alternative medicine of our country,” The Economics Society of Saitama University Social Science Reviews, vol. 124, pp. 69–91, 2008.
- T. Koeda and Y. Amano, “The measurement of body hardness by a muscle hardness scale-repeatability, adequacy, and usability,” Nagoya Gakuin University Review (The Humanities and Natural Science), vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 55–61, 2010.
- H. Saitou, “Assessment and measuring methods of biological information about pain: muscle stiffness,” Physiotherapy, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 99–104, 2006.
- F. Ceccherelli, L. Gioioso, R. Casale, G. Gagliardi, and C. Ori, “Neck pain treatment with acupuncture: does the number of needles matter?” Clinical Journal of Pain, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 807–812, 2010.
- M. Y. Sun, C. L. Hsieh, Y. Y. Cheng et al., “The therapeutic effects of acupuncture on patients with chronic neck myofascial pain syndrome: a single-blind randomized controlled trial,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 849–859, 2010.
- S.-X. Ma, “Neurobiology of acupuncture: toward CAM,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2004.
- E. Furuya, Y. Kaneko, H. Ogawa, S. Ishikawa, and A. Sakamoto, “Examination of condition adjustment following acupuncture treatment for competitive sailors at the national sports festival,” Journal of the Japan Society of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 166–174, 2006.
- H. Kogo, K. Kurosawa, A. Hasegawa, Y. Ariga, and Y. Akiyoshi, “Quantification of muscle stiffness and the relationship between muscle stiffness and pain in muscle knots,” Rigakuryoho Kagaku, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 41–44, 2010.
- K. Nishijo, Rinsyo-Shinkyugaku-wo-Hiraku, Ishiyaku, Tokyo, Japan, 2007.