- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 149468, 10 pages
Efficacy and Safety of Medicinal Plants or Related Natural Products for Fibromyalgia: A Systematic Review
1Department of Physiology, Federal University of Sergipe, Marechal Rondom Avenue, 49000-100 São Cristovão, SE, Brazil
2Collegiate of Physical Therapy, Federal University of Sergipe, Cláudio Batista Street, 49060-100 Aracaju, SE, Brazil
3Department of Nursing and Pharmacy, Federal University of Alagoas, Lourival de Mello Motta Avenue, 57072-970 Maceió, AL, Brazil
4Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Federal University of São Francisco Valley, José de Sá Maniçoba Avenue, 56304205 Petrolina, PE, Brazil
5Department of Biological Sciences, Bauru School of Dentistry, University of São Paulo, Octávio Pinheiro Brisola Street, 17012-901 Bauru, SP, Brazil
Received 1 April 2013; Accepted 14 May 2013
Academic Editor: Cayetano Alegre
Copyright © 2013 Simone de Souza Nascimento et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rachelle Buchbinder, and Wayne Hall, “Should doctors prescribe cannabinoids?,” Bmj-British Medical Journal, vol. 348, 2014.
- Simone Nascimento, Adriano Araújo, Renan Brito, Mairim Serafini, Paula Menezes, Josimari DeSantana, Waldecy Júnior, Pericles Alves, Arie Blank, Rita Oliveira, Aldeidia Oliveira, Ricardo Albuquerque-Júnior, Jackson Almeida, and Lucindo Quintans-Júnior, “Cyclodextrin-Complexed Ocimum basilicum Leaves Essential Oil Increases Fos Protein Expression in the Central Nervous System and Produce an Antihyperalgesic Effect in Animal Models for Fibromyalgia,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 547–563, 2014.
- Ngoci Njeru Sospeter, Amos Obonyo Meshack, Mwaniki Ngari Silas, Nyambati Onsarigo Samwel, Mwaniki Njeru John, and Kuria Kamweru Paul, “Antituberculous, antimicrobial, cytotoxicity and phytochemical activity study of Piliostigma thonningii extract fractions,” Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, vol. 9, no. 22, pp. 655–663, 2015.
- Romy Lauche, Holger Cramer, Winfried Häuser, Gustav Dobos, and Jost Langhorst, “A Systematic Overview of Reviews for Complementary and Alternative Therapies in the Treatment of the Fibromyalgia Syndrome,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–13, 2015.
- Lucindo J. Quintans-Júnior, Adriano A.S. Araújo, Renan G. Brito, Priscila L. Santos, Jullyana S.S. Quintans, Paula P. Menezes, Mairim R. Serafini, Gabriel F. Silva, Flavio M.S. Carvalho, Nicole K. Brogden, and Kathleen A. Sluka, “β-caryophyllene, a dietary cannabinoid, complexed with β-cyclodextrin produced anti-hyperalgesic effect involving the inhibition of Fos expression in superficial dorsal horn,” Life Sciences, 2016.