- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 851267, 11 pages
Antihyperglycemic Effects of Short Term Resveratrol Supplementation in Type 2 Diabetic Patients
1Department of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, The Persian Gulf Tropical Medicine Research Center, Bushehr, University of Medical Sciences, Bushehr 7514763448, Iran
2Heart Failure Research Laboratory, Canadian Centre for Agri-Food Research in Health and Medicine, St. Boniface Research Centre, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R2H 2A6
3Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2M9
4Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3E 0J9
Received 13 June 2013; Accepted 25 July 2013
Academic Editor: MinKyun Na
Copyright © 2013 Ali Movahed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [31 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Vernon W. Dolinsky, and Jason R. B. Dyck, “Experimental Studies of the Molecular Pathways Regulated by Exercise and Resveratrol in Heart, Skeletal Muscle and the Vasculature,” Molecules, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 14919–14947, 2014.
- Kai Liu, Rui Zhou, Bin Wang, and Man-Tian Mi, “Effect of resveratrol on glucose control and insulin sensitivity: a meta-analysis:of 11 randomized controlled trials,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 1510–1519, 2014.
- Stephen D. Anton, Chelsea Embry, Michael Marsiske, Xiaomin Lu, Hani Doss, Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, and Todd M. Manini, “Safety and metabolic outcomes of resveratrol supplementation in older adults: results of a twelve-week, placebo-controlled pilot study,” Experimental Gerontology, 2014.
- Thais Fernandes Luciano, Scherolin de Oliveira Marques, Bruno Luiz da Silva Pieri, Daniela Roxo de Souza, Fabio Santos de Lira, and Claudio Teodoro de Souza, “Resveratrol reduces chronic inflammation and improves insulin action in the myocardium of high-fat diet-induced obese rats,” Revista de Nutricao-Brazilian Journal of Nutrition, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 151–159, 2014.
- Yanxia Liu, Wanqiang Ma, Po Zhang, Shunchuan He, and Daifa Huang, “Effect of resveratrol on blood pressure: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials,” Clinical Nutrition, 2014.
- Veronique S. Chachay, Graeme A. Macdonald, Jennifer H. Martin, Jonathan P. Whitehead, Trisha M. O'Moore–Sullivan, Paul Lee, Michael Franklin, Kerenaftali Klein, Paul J. Taylor, Maree Ferguson, Jeff S. Coombes, Gethin P. Thomas, Gary J. Cowin, Carl M.J. Kirkpatrick, Johannes B. Prins, and Ingrid J. Hickman, “Resveratrol Does Not Benefit Patients With Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2014.
- Marlies de Ligt, Silvie Timmers, and Patrick Schrauwen, “Resveratrol and obesity: can resveratrol relieve metabolic disturbances?,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2014.
- Michael Rouse, Antoine Younes, and Josephine M. Egan, “Resveratrol and curcumin enhance pancreatic beta-cell function by inhibiting phosphodiesterase activity,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 223, no. 2, pp. 107–117, 2014.
- Beshay N.M. Zordoky, Ian M. Robertson, and Jason R.B. Dyck, “Preclinical and Clinical Evidence for the Role of Resveratrol in the Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2014.
- Bhakkiyalakshmi Elango, Sireesh Dornadula, Rajaguru Palanisamy, Paulmurugan Ramasamy, and Ramkumar Kunka Mohanram, “The emerging role of redox-sensitive Nrf2-Keap1 pathway in diabetes,” Pharmacological Research, 2014.
- Tomasz Szkudelski, and Katarzyna Szkudelska, “Resveratrol and diabetes: from animal to human studies,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2014.
- Heather A. Hausenblas, Jennifer A. Schoulda, and James M. Smoliga, “Resveratrol treatment as an adjunct to pharmacological management in type 2 diabetes mellitus-systematic review and meta-analysis,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2014.
- Agustin Gonzalez-Vicente, Pablo D. Cabral, and Jeffrey L. Garvin, “Resveratrol Increases Nitric Oxide Production in the Rat Thick Ascending Limb via Ca2+/Calmodulin,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 10, 2014.
- H-H Chow, Linda L Garland, Brandy M Heckman-Stoddard, Chiu-Hsieh Hsu, Valerie D Butler, Catherine A Cordova, Wade M Chew, and Terri L Cornelison, “A pilot clinical study of resveratrol in postmenopausal women with high body mass index: effects on systemic sex steroid hormones,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 223, 2014.
- Mahmoud Hussein Hassan Ali, Basim Anwar Shehata Messiha, and Hekma Abdel-Tawab Abdel-Latif, “ Protective effect of ursodeoxycholic acid, resveratrol, and N -acetylcysteine on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in rats ,” Pharmaceutical Biology, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Nimbe Torres, Martha Guevara-Cruz, Laura A. Velázquez-Villegas, and Armando R. Tovar, “,” Archives of Medical Research, 2015.
- Qiuhua Shen, and Janet Pierce, “Supplementation of Coenzyme Q10 among Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus,” Healthcare, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 296–309, 2015.
- Yonglin Gao, Le Kang, Chunmei Li, Xiaoyan Wang, Chengfeng Sun, Qingzhong Li, Ruihua Liu, and Jianping Wang, “Resveratrol Ameliorates Diabetes-Induced Cardiac Dysfunction Through AT1R-ERK/p38 MAPK Signaling Pathway,” Cardiovascular Toxicology, 2015.
- Susana A. Palma-Duran, Antonis Vlassopoulos, Mike Lean, Lindsay Govan, and Emilie Combet, “Nutritional Intervention and Impact of Polyphenol on Glycohaemoglobin (HbA1c) in Non-diabetic and Type 2 Diabetic Subjects: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis,” Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, pp. 00–00, 2015.
- Brian J. Morris, Randi Chen, Timothy A. Donlon, Daniel S. Evans, Gregory J. Tranah, Neeta Parimi, Georg B. Ehret, Christopher Newton-Cheh, Todd Seto, D. Craig Willcox, Kamal H. Masaki, Kei Kamide, Hirochika Ryuno, Ryosuke Oguro, Chikako Nakama, Mai Kabayama, Koichi Yamamoto, Ken Sugimoto, Kazunori Ikebe, Yukie Masui, Yasumichi Arai, Tatsuro Ishizaki, Yasuyuki Gondo, Hiromi Rakugi, and Bradley J. Willcox, “ Association Analysis of FOXO3 Longevity Variants With Blood Pressure and Essential Hypertension ,” American Journal of Hypertension, pp. hpv171, 2015.
- Eun-Jung Park, and John M. Pezzuto, “The Pharmacology of Resveratrol in Animals and Humans,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2015.
- Marta G. Novelle, Devin Wahl, Carlos Dieguez, Michel Bernier, and Rafael de Cabo, “Resveratrol supplementation, where are we now and where should we go?,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2015.
- An-Sheng Cheng, Yu-Hsiang Cheng, Chi-Ying Lee, Chin-Yuan Chung, and Wen-Chang Chang, “Resveratrol Protects against Methylglyoxal-Induced Hyperglycemia and Pancreatic Damage In Vivo,” Nutrients, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 2850–2865, 2015.
- S. Bo, V. Ponzo, G. Ciccone, A. Evangelista, F. Saba, I. Goitre, M. Procopio, G.F. Pagano, M. Cassader, and R. Gambino, “Six months of resveratrol supplementation has no measurable effect in type 2 diabetic patients. A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial,” Pharmacological Research, vol. 111, pp. 896–905, 2016.
- Julia Christenson, Serena J. Whitby, Duane Mellor, Jackson Thomas, Andrew McKune, Paul D. Roach, and Nenad Naumovski, “The Effects of Resveratrol Supplementation in Overweight and Obese Humans: A Systematic Review of Randomized Trials,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, 2016.
- Haohai Huang, Guangzhao Chen, Dan Liao, Yongkun Zhu, Rong Pu, and Xiaoyan Xue, “The effects of resveratrol intervention on risk markers of cardiovascular health in overweight and obese subjects: a pooled analysis of randomized controlled trials,” Obesity Reviews, 2016.
- Hnin Ei Phyu, Jordon Candice Irwin, Rebecca Kate Vella, and Andrew Stuart Fenning, “Resveratrol shows neuronal and vascular-protective effects in older, obese, streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats,” British Journal Of Nutrition, vol. 115, no. 11, pp. 1911–1918, 2016.
- Cihan Erdogan, and Ole Vang, “Challenges in Analyzing the Biological Effects of Resveratrol,” Nutrients, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 353, 2016.
- Khushwant S. Bhullar, and Chibuike C. Udenigwe, “Clinical Evidence of Resveratrol Bioactivity in Cardiovascular Disease,” Current Opinion in Food Science, 2016.
- Sony S. Thazhath, Tongzhi Wu, Michelle J. Bound, Helen L. Checklin, Scott Standfield, Karen L. Jones, Michael Horowitz, and Christopher K. Rayner, “Administration of resveratrol for 5 wk has no effect on glucagon-like peptide 1 secretion, gastric emptying, or glycemic control in type 2 diabetes: a,” American Journal Of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 66–70, 2016.
- José Pedraza-Chaverri, Laura G. Sánchez-Lozada, Horacio Osorio-Alonso, Edilia Tapia, and Alexandra Scholze, “New Pathogenic Concepts and Therapeutic Approaches to Oxidative Stress in Chronic Kidney Disease,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2016, pp. 1–21, 2016.