- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 836425, 5 pages
Morbidity and Mortality Outcomes of Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy at a Single Institution in Japan
1Department of Surgery, Kusatsu General Hospital, Yabase Kusatsu 1660, Japan
2General Surgery Clinic, Kocaeli Derince Education and Research Hospital, Kocaeli, Turkey
3NPO Organization to Support Peritoneal Dissemination Treatment, Osaka, Japan
Received 2 March 2012; Revised 24 April 2012; Accepted 3 May 2012
Academic Editor: Yan Li
Copyright © 2012 Akiyoshi Mizumoto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Peritonectomy procedures,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 221, no. 1, pp. 29–42, 1995.
- Y. Yonemura, Y. Endou, M. Shinbo et al., “Safety and efficacy of bidirectional chemotherapy for treatment of patients with peritoneal dissemination from gastric cancer: selection for cytoreductive surgery,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 311–316, 2009.
- D. Elias, F. Gilly, F. Quenet et al., “Pseudomyxoma peritonei: a French multicentric study of 301 patients treated with cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 456–462, 2010.
- P. Jacquet and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Clinical research methodologies in diagnosis and staging of patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Cancer Treatment and Research, vol. 82, pp. 359–374, 1996.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Peritoneal surface oncology: review of a personal experience with colorectal and appendiceal malignancy,” Techniques in Coloproctology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 95–103, 2005.
- T. C. Chua, T. D. Yan, A. Saxena, and D. L. Morris, “Should the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis by cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy still be regarded as a highly morbid procedure?: a systematic review of morbidity and mortality,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 249, no. 6, pp. 900–907, 2009.
- T. C. Chua, A. Saxena, J. F. Schellekens et al., “Morbidity and mortality outcomes of cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy at a single tertiary institution: towards a new perspective of this treatment,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 251, no. 1, pp. 101–106, 2010.
- A. Saxena, T. D. Yan, T. C. Chua, and D. L. Morris, “Critical assessment of risk factors for complications after cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for pseudomyxoma peritonei,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1291–1301, 2010.
- O. Glehen, F. N. Gilly, F. Boutitie et al., “Toward curative treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis from nonovarian origin by cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: a multi-institutional study of 1290 patients,” Cancer, vol. 116, no. 24, pp. 5608–5618, 2010.
- R. M. Smeenk, V. J. Verwaal, and F. A. Zoetmulder, “Learning curve of combined modality treatment in peritoneal surface disease,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 1408–1414, 2007.
- S. Kusamura, D. Baratti, and M. Deraco, “Multidimensional analysis of the learning curve for cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in peritoneal surface malignancies,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 255, no. 2, pp. 348–356, 2012.