- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 282645, 6 pages
The Role of IL-6, 8, and 10, sTNFr, CRP, and Pancreatic Elastase in the Prediction of Systemic Complications in Patients with Acute Pancreatitis
1Department of Laboratory Diagnostics, University Hospital Rijeka, Kresimirova 42, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
2Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Rijeka, Kresimirova 42, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Received 30 June 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editor: Grazyna Rydzewska
Copyright © 2013 E. Fisic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. U. Wu, R. S. Johannes, X. Sun, Y. Tabak, D. L. Conwell, and P. A. Banks, “The early prediction of mortality in acute pancreatitis: a large population-based study,” Gut, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 1698–1703, 2008.
- J. L. Frossard, M. L. Steer, and C. M. Pastor, “Acute pancreatitis,” The Lancet, vol. 371, no. 9607, pp. 143–152, 2008.
- A. Z. Al-Bahrani and B. J. Ammori, “Clinical laboratory assessment of acute pancreatitis,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 362, no. 1-2, pp. 26–48, 2005.
- W. R. Matull, S. P. Pereira, and J. W. O'Donohue, “Biochemical markers of acute pancreatitis,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 340–344, 2006.
- T. L. Bollen, H. C. van Santvoort, M. G. Besselink et al., “The Atlanta Classification of acute pancreatitis revisited,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 6–21, 2008.
- E. L. Bradley III, “A clinically based classification system for acute pancreatitis: summary of the International Symposium on Acute Pancreatitis, Atlanta, Ga, September 11 through 13, 1992,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 128, no. 5, pp. 586–590, 1993.
- J. Dominguez-Munoz, et al., Clinical Pancreatology for Practising Gastroenterologists and Surgeons, Blackwell Publishing Company, London, UK, 3rd edition, 2007.
- D. Štimac, E. Fišić, S. Milić, L. Bilić-Zulle, and R. Perić, “Prognostic values of IL-6, IL-8, and IL-10 in acute pancreatitis,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 209–212, 2006.
- R. Pezzilli, A. M. Mokselli-Labate, R. Mintero, B. Barakat, M. Fiocchi, and O. Cappelletti, “Simultaneous serum assays of lipase and interleukin-6 for early diagnosis and prognosis of acute pancreatitis,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1762–1767, 1999.
- C. F. Jiang, Y. C. Shiau, K. W. Ng, and S. W. Tan, “Serum interleukin-6, tumor necrosis factor α and C-reactive protein in early prediction of severity of acute pancreatitis,” Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, vol. 67, no. 9, pp. 442–446, 2004.
- C. C. Chen, S. S. Wang, R. H. Lu, C. C. Lu, F. Y. Chang, and S. D. Lee, “Early changes of serum proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography,” Pancreas, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 375–380, 2003.
- T. Berney, Y. Gasche, J. Robert et al., “Serum profiles of interleukin-6, interleukin-8, and interleukin-10 in patients with severe and mild acute pancreatitis,” Pancreas, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 371–377, 1999.
- N. Pooran, A. Indaram, P. Singh, and S. Bank, “Cytokines (IL-6, IL-8, TNF): early and reliable predictors of severe acute pancreatitis,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 263–266, 2003.
- J. Mayer, B. Rau, F. Gansauge, and H. G. Beger, “Inflammatory mediators in human acute pancreatitis: clinical and pathophysiological implications,” Gut, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 546–552, 2000.
- K. Ohmoto and S. Yamamoto, “Serum interleukin-6 and interleukin-10 in patients with acute pancreatitis: clinical implications,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 52, no. 64, pp. 990–994, 2005.
- M. O. Simovic, M. J. D. Bonham, F. M. Abu-Zidan, and J. A. Windsor, “Anti-inflammatory cytokine response and clinical outcome in acute pancreatitis,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 2662–2665, 1999.
- X. C. Han, Y. C. Zhang, Y. Wang, and M. K. Jia, “Clinical evaluation of serum interleukin 10 in patients with acute pancreatitis,” Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Diseases International, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 135–138, 2003.
- R. Pezzilli, P. Billi, R. Miniero, and B. Barakat, “Serum interleukin-10 in human acute pancreatitis,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1469–1472, 1997.
- M. Hirota, F. Nozawa, A. Okabe et al., “Relationship between plasma cytokine concentration and multiple organ failure in patients with acute pancreatitis,” Pancreas, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 141–146, 2000.
- R. B. Wilson, J. Warusavitarne, D. M. Crameri, F. Alvaro, D. J. Davies, and N. Merrett, “Serum elastase in the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis: a prospective study,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 152–156, 2005.
- G. Gürleyik, S. Emir, G. Kiliçoglu, A. Arman, and A. Saglam, “Computed tomography severity index, APACHE II score, and serum CRP concentration for predicting the severity of acute pancreatitis,” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 562–567, 2005.
- T. Imamura, S. Tanaka, H. Yoshida et al., “Significance of measurement of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein in acute pancreatitis,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 935–938, 2002.
- C. Triantopoulou, D. Lytras, P. Maniatis et al., “Computed tomography versus acute physiology and chronic health evaluation II score in predicting severity of acute pancreatitis: a prospective, comparative study with statistical evaluation,” Pancreas, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 238–242, 2007.
- S. L. Triester and K. V. Kowdley, “Pancreatic and biliary disease. Prognostic factors in acute pancreatitis,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 167–176, 2002.