- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 340851, 6 pages
Impact of Physical Activity on Cancer-Specific and Overall Survival of Patients with Colorectal Cancer
1Department of Medical Oncology, APHP, Avicenne Hospital, 125 route de Stalingrad, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
2Department of Pharmacology, APHP, Avicenne Hospital, 125 route de Stalingrad, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
3Department of Radiotherapy, APHP, Avicenne Hospital, 125 route de Stalingrad, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
Received 9 June 2013; Accepted 25 July 2013
Academic Editor: Antoni Castells
Copyright © 2013 Gaetan Des Guetz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kerry S. Courneya, Janette Vardy, Sharlene Gill, Derek Jonker, Patti O’Brien, Christine M. Friedenreich, Haryana Dhillon, Rebecca K. S. Wong, Ralph M. Meyer, Jennifer J. Crawford, Kristin L. Campbell, Harry Prapavessis, Christopher O’Callaghan, Jane Turner, Lissa M. Spencer, Hidde P. van der Ploeg, Dongsheng Tu, and Christopher M. Booth, “Update on the Colon Health and Life-Long Exercise Change Trial: A Phase III Study of the Impact of an Exercise Program on Disease-Free Survival in Colon Cancer Survivors,” Current Colorectal Cancer Reports, 2014.
- Ming-Kai Zhou, Xiao-Jun Liu, Zhi-Guo Zhao, and Yi-Meng Cheng, “MicroRNA-100 functions as a tumor suppressor by inhibiting Lgr5 expression in colon cancer cells,” Molecular Medicine Reports, 2014.
- Kristina Karvinen, and Jeff Vallance, “Breast and Colon Cancer Survivors’ Expectations About Physical Activity for Improving Survival,” Oncology Nursing Forum, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 527–533, 2015.
- Sheetal Hardikar, Polly A. Newcomb, Peter T. Campbell, Aung Ko Win, Noralane M. Lindor, Daniel D. Buchanan, Karen W. Makar, Mark A. Jenkins, John D. Potter, and Amanda I. Phipps, “Prediagnostic Physical Activity and Colorectal Cancer Survival: Overall and Stratified by Tumor Characteristics,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1130–1137, 2015.
- Denny Z.H. Levett, and Michael P.W. Grocott, “Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing for Risk Prediction in Major Abdominal Surgery,” Anesthesiology Clinics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 2015.
- Kirsten A. Nyrop, Allison M. Deal, Grant R. Williams, Emily J. Guerard, Mackenzi Pergolotti, and Hyman B. Muss, “Physical activity communication between oncology providers and patients with early-stage breast, colon, or prostate cancer,” Cancer, 2015.
- Denny Z. H. Levett, and Michael P. W. Grocott, “Cardiopulmonary exercise testing, prehabilitation, and Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS),” Canadian Journal of Anesthesia/Journal canadien d'anesthésie, 2015.
- Gill Hubbard, Julie Munro, Ronan O’Carroll, Nanette Mutrie, Lisa Kidd, Sally Haw, Richard Adams, Angus JM Watson, Stephen J Leslie, Petra Rauchhaus, Anna Campbell, Helen Mason, Sarkis Manoukian, Gillian Sweetman, and Shaun Treweek, “The use of cardiac rehabilitation services to aid the recovery of patients with bowel cancer: a pilot randomised controlled trial with embedded feasibility study,” Health Services and Delivery Research, vol. 4, no. 24, pp. 1–232, 2016.
- Kerry S. Courneya, Janette L. Vardy, Christopher J. O'Callaghan, Christine M. Friedenreich, Kristin L. Campbell, Harry Prapavessis, Jennifer J. Crawford, Patti O'Brien, Haryana M. Dhillon, Derek J. Jonker, Neil S. Chua, Sasha Lupichuk, Michael S. Sanatani, Sharlene Gill, Ralph M. Meyer, Stephen Begbie, Tony Bonaventura, Matthew E. Burge, Jane Turner, Dongsheng Tu, and Christopher M. Booth, “Effects of a Structured Exercise Program on Physical Activity and Fitness in Colon Cancer Survivors: One Year Feasibility Results from the CHALLENGE T,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 969–977, 2016.
- Christopher Chyu, and Nancy Halnon, “Exercise Training in Cancer Survivors,” Current Oncology Reports, vol. 18, no. 6, 2016.
- Denny Z.H. Levett, Mark Edwards, Mike Grocott, and Monty Mythen, “Preparing the Patient for Surgery to Improve Outcome,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Anaesthesiology, 2016.
- Justin C. Brown, Andrea B. Troxel, Bonnie Ky, Nevena Damjanov, Babette S. Zemel, Michael R. Rickels, Andrew D. Rhim, Anil K. Rustgi, Kerry S. Courneya, and Kathryn H. Schmitz, “A randomized phase II dose–response exercise trial among Colon Cancer Survivors: Purpose, Study Design, methods, and recruitment results,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, 2016.
- Brigid M. Lynch, Eline H. van Roekel, and Jeff K. Vallance, “Physical activity and quality of life after colorectal cancer: overview of evidence and future directions,” Expert Review of Quality of Life in Cancer Care, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 9–23, 2016.
- Gill Hubbard, Richard Adams, Anna Campbell, Lisa Kidd, Stephen J. Leslie, Julie Munro, and Angus Watson, “Is referral of postsurgical colorectal cancer survivors to cardiac rehabilitation feasible and acceptable? A pragmatic pilot randomised controlled tri,” Bmj Open, vol. 6, no. 1, 2016.
- Viola Walter, Lina Jansen, Philip Knebel, Jenny Chang-Claude, Michael Hoffmeister, and Hermann Brenner, “Physical activity and survival of colorectal cancer patients: Population-based study from Germany,” International Journal of Cancer, 2017.