- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 620707, 4 pages
Calprotectin Is a Useful Tool in Distinguishing Coexisting Irritable Bowel-Like Symptoms from That of Occult Inflammation among Inflammatory Bowel Disease Patients in Remission
1Department of Gastroenterology, Østfold Hospital Trust, 1603 Fredrikstad, Norway
2Department of Health Sciences, Østfold University College, K.G. Meldahlsvei 9, 1671 Kråkerøy, Norway
3Department of Research, Telemark Hospital Trust, 3710 Skien, Norway
4Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo-Oslo University Hospital, 0450 Oslo, Norway
Received 19 November 2012; Accepted 17 January 2013
Academic Editor: Peter James Whorwell
Copyright © 2013 Lars-Petter Jelsness-Jørgensen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- N. Waugh, E. Cummins, P. Royle, N-B Kandala, D. Shyangdan, R. Arasaradnam, C. Clar, and R. Johnston, “Faecal calprotectin testing for differentiating amongst inflammatory and non-inflammatory bowel diseases: systematic review and economic evaluation,” Health Technology Assessment, vol. 17, no. 55, pp. 1–+, 2013.
- Vladimir Stanisic, and Eamonn M. M. Quigley, “The overlap between IBS and IBD - what is it and what does it mean?,” Expert Review of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 139–145, 2014.
- Jan Daebritz, Jason Musci, and Dirk Foell, “Diagnostic utility of faecal biomarkers in patients with irritable bowel syndrome,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 363–375, 2014.
- Vivian W. Huang, Connie Prosser, Karen I. Kroeker, Haili Wang, Carol Shalapay, Neil Dhami, Darryl K. Fedorak, Brendan Halloran, Levinus A. Dieleman, Karen J. Goodman, and Richard N. Fedorak, “Knowledge of Fecal Calprotectin and Infliximab Trough Levels Alters Clinical Decision-making for IBD Outpatients on Maintenance Infliximab Therapy,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, pp. 1, 2015.
- Jernej Dolinšek, Petra Rižnik, Larisa Sabath, and Dušanka Mičetić-Turk, “Fecal calprotectin as a marker of the severity of mucosal inflammation in children with inflammatory bowel disease,” Wiener klinische Wochenschrift, 2015.
- Paul B. Stoddard, Leyla J. Ghazi, Jade Wong-You-Cheong, Raymond K. Cross, and Fauzia Q. Vandermeer, “Magnetic Resonance Enterography,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 229–239, 2015.
- Chloé Melchior, Moutaz Aziz, Typhaine Aubry, Guillaume Gourcerol, Muriel Quillard, Alberto Zalar, Moïse Coëffier, Pierre Dechelotte, Anne-Marie Leroi, and Philippe Ducrotté, “Does calprotectin level identify a subgroup among patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome? Results of a prospective study,” United European Gastroenterology Journal, pp. 205064061665006, 2016.
- K. Diederen, D. R. Hoekman, T. Z. Hummel, T. G. de Meij, B. G. P. Koot, M. M. Tabbers, A. M. Vlieger, A. Kindermann, and M. A. Benninga, “The prevalence of irritable bowel syndrome-type symptoms in paediatric inflammatory bowel disease, and the relationship with biochemical markers of disease activity,” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2016.
- Eamonn M. M. Quigley, “Overlapping irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease: less to this than meets the eye?,” Therapeutic Advances In Gastroenterology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 199–212, 2016.
- A. D. Lee, B. M. Spiegel, R. D. Hays, G. Y. Melmed, R. Bolus, D. Khanna, P. P. Khanna, and L. Chang, “Gastrointestinal symptom severity in irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease and the general population,” Neurogastroenterology & Motility, 2016.
- Börje Jonefjäll, Lena Öhman, Magnus Simrén, and Hans Strid, “IBS-like Symptoms in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis in Deep Remission Are Associated with Increased Levels of Serum Cytokines and Poor Psychological Well-being,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 2630–2640, 2016.
- D. Lundgren, J. Rutegård, V. Eklöf, R. Palmqvist, and P. Karling, “Patients with longstanding ulcerative colitis in remission do not have more irritable bowel syndrome-like symptoms than controls,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.
- Jung Hwan Oh, “Irritable Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome as a Distinct Disease Entity,” Journal of Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 545–546, 2016.
- Krista M. Reich, Richard N. Fedorak, Karen Madsen, and Karen I. Kroeker, “Role of Vitamin D in Infliximab-induced Remission in Adult Patients with Crohnʼs Disease,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 92–99, 2016.
- Stanisław Pieczarkowski, Kinga Kowalska-Duplaga, Przemko Kwinta, Przemysław Tomasik, Andrzej Wędrychowicz, and Krzysztof Fyderek, “Diagnostic Value of Fecal Calprotectin (S100 A8/A9) Test in Children with Chronic Abdominal Pain,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2016, pp. 1–7, 2016.
- Rafiz Abdul Rani, Raja Affendi Raja Ali, and Yeong Yeh Lee, “Irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease overlap syndrome: pieces of the puzzle are falling into place,” Intestinal Research, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 297, 2016.