- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 140587, 5 pages
Clinicopathological and Prognostic Characteristics of Hepatoid Adenocarcinoma of the Stomach
1Department of Gastroenterology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
2Department of Pathology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
3Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Received 31 October 2013; Revised 27 December 2013; Accepted 1 January 2014; Published 11 February 2014
Academic Editor: D. Fan
Copyright © 2014 Jinlin Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Nagai, T. Ueyama, T. Yao, and M. Tsuneyoshi, “Hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the stomach: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis,” Cancer, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 1827–1835, 1993.
- X. Liu, Y. Cheng, W. Sheng et al., “Analysis of clinicopathologic features and prognostic factors in hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the stomach,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1465–1471, 2010.
- J.-F. Zhang, S.-S. Shi, Y.-F. Shao, and H.-Z. Zhang, “Clinicopathological and prognostic features of hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the stomach,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 124, no. 10, pp. 1470–1476, 2011.
- S. K. Baek, S.-W. Han, D.-Y. Oh, S.-A. Im, T.-Y. Kim, and Y.-J. Bang, “Clinicopathologic characteristics and treatment outcomes of hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the stomach, a rare but unique subtype of gastric cancer,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 11, article 56, 2011.
- H. Ishikura, Y. Fukasawa, and K. Ogasawara, “An AFP-producing gastric carcinoma with features of hepatic differentiation: a case report,” Cancer, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 840–848, 1985.
- T. Motoyama, K. Aizawa, H. Watanabe, M. Fukase, and K. Saito, “α-Fetoprotein producing gastric carcinomas: a comparative study of three different subtypes,” Acta Pathologica Japonica, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 654–661, 1993.
- S. Yachnin, “The immunosuppressive properties of α-fetoprotein: a brief overview,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 417, pp. 105–107, 1983.
- N. Koide, A. Nishio, J. Igarashi, S. Kajikawa, W. Adachi, and J. Amano, “α-Fetoprotein-producing gastric cancer: histochemical analysis of cell proliferation, apoptosis, and angiogenesis,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 1658–1663, 1999.
- G. Yang, “Distribution and ultrastructural localization of carcino-embryonic antigen (CEA) in signet-ring cells of gastric cancer,” Chinese Journal of Oncology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 111–113, 1989.
- S. Su, Y. T. Chen, R. C. Wang, C. Y. Wu, S. W. Lee, and T. Y. Lee, “Clinicopathological characteristics in the differential diagnosis of hepatoid adenocarcinoma: a literature review,” The World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 321–327, 2013.
- H. Takami, K. Sentani, M. Matsuda, N. Oue, N. Sakamoto, and W. Yasui, “Cytokeratin expression profiling in gastric carcinoma: Clinicopathologic significance and comparison with tumor-associated molecules,” Pathobiology, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 154–161, 2012.
- Y. Gürbüz and N. Köse, “Cytokeratin expression patterns of gastric carcinomas according to Lauren and Goseki classification,” Applied Immunohistochemistry & Molecular Morphology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 303–308, 2006.
- K. Naritomi, K. Futami, S. Arima, and A. Iwashita, “Malignant potential regarding mucin phenotypes and endocrine cell differentiation in gastric adenocarcinoma,” Anticancer Research, vol. 23, no. 6 A, pp. 4411–4422, 2003.
- N. Kamiya, K. Akakura, H. Suzuki et al., “Pretreatment serum level of neuron specific enolase (NSE) as a prognostic factor in metastatic prostate cancer patients treated with endocrine therapy,” European Urology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 309–314, 2003.