- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 618926, 9 pages
Inheritance and Linkage Map Positions of Genes Conferring Agromorphological Traits in Lens culinaris Medik.
1Grain Legume Genetics and Physiology Research Unit, USDA-ARS, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
2International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), New Delhi 110012, India
Received 4 March 2013; Revised 19 June 2013; Accepted 19 June 2013
Academic Editor: Song Joong Yun
Copyright © 2013 Gopesh C. Saha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. H. Roberts, R. J. Summerfield, F. J. Muehlbauer, and R. W. Short, “Flowering in lentil (Lens culinaris medic.): the duration of the photoperiodic inductive phase as a function of accumulated daylength above the critical photoperiod,” Annals of Botany, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 235–248, 1986.
- A. Tulmann Neto and M. C. Alves, “Induction of mutations for earliness in the soybean cultivar Parana,” Brazilian Journal of Genetics, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 45–50, 1997.
- A. Sarker, W. Erskine, B. Sharma, and M. C. Tyagi, “Inheritance and linkage relationships of days to flower and morphological loci in lentil (Lens culinaris Medikus subsp. culinaris),” Journal of Heredity, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 270–275, 1999.
- M. C. Saxena and G. C. Hawtin, “Morphology and growth patterns,” in Lentils, C. Webb and G. Hawtin, Eds., pp. 39–52, Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, Slough, UK, 1981.
- F. J. Muehlbauer, R. W. Short, R. J. Summerfield, K. J. Morrison, and D. G. Swan, Description and Culture of Lentils, Cooperative Extension, College of Agriculture, Washington State University and USDA-ARS, Washington, DC, USA, 1981.
- D. Sakar, Breeding behaviour of characters related to yield and adaptation to mechanical harvesting in lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) [Ph.D. dissertation], Department of Agronomy and Soils, Washington State University, Washington, DC, USA, 1983.
- A. Tullu, B. Tar'an, T. Warkentin, and A. Vandenberg, “Construction of an intraspecific linkage map and QTL analysis for earliness and plant height in lentil,” Crop Science, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 2254–2264, 2008.
- G. Ladizinsky, “The genetics of several characteristics in lentil as indicated by crosses between Lens culinaris and Lens orientalis,” Journal of Heredity, vol. 70, pp. 135–137, 1979.
- H. Barulina, “Lentils of the USSR and other counties,” Bulletin of Applied Botany, Genetics, and Plant Breeding, vol. 40, pp. 225–238, 1930.
- S. Abbo, G. Ladizinsky, and N. F. Weeden, “Genetic analysis and linkage study of seed weight in lentil,” Euphytica, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 259–266, 1991.
- F. J. Muehlbauer, “Lentil: improvement in developing countries,” in The Lentil: Botany, Production and Uses, W. Erskine, F. J. Muehlbauer, A. Sarker, and B. Sharma, Eds., pp. 137–154, CAB International, Oxford, UK, 2009.
- E. Tschermak-Seysenegg, “Lentil and fieldbean crosses,” Sityringsbe Akad Wiss Wien Math Nat, vol. 137, no. 3-4, pp. 171–181, 1928.
- F. J. cf. Muehlbauer and A. E. Slinkard, “Breeding methodology,” in Lentils, C. Webb and G. Hawtin, Eds., pp. 69–90, CAB-ICARDA, Farnham, UK, 1987.
- V. E. Wilson, A. G. Law, and R. L. Warner, “Inheritance of cotyledon color in Lens Culinaris (Medic.),” Crop Science, vol. 10, pp. 205–207, 1970.
- T. P. Singh, “Inheritance of cotyledon colour in lentil,” Indian Journal of Genetics, vol. 38, pp. 11–12, 1978.
- A. E. Slinkard, “Inheritance of cotyledon color in lentils,” Journal of Heredity, vol. 69, pp. 139–140, 1978.
- B. Sharma and M. K. Emami, “Discovery of a new gene causing dark green cotyledons and pathway of pigment synthesis in lentil (Lens culinaris Medik),” Euphytica, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 349–353, 2002.
- G. C. Saha, A. Sarker, W. Chen, G. J. Vandemark, and F. J. Muehlbauer, “Inheritance and linkage map positions of genes conferring resistance to Stemphylium blight in lentil,” Crop Science, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1831–1839, 2010.
- H. Li, J.-M. Ribaut, Z. Li, and J. Wang, “Inclusive composite interval mapping (ICIM) for digenic epistasis of quantitative traits in biparental populations,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 243–260, 2008.
- J. C. Nelson, “QGENE: software for marker-based genomic analysis and breeding,” Molecular Breeding, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 239–245, 1997.
- M. K. Emami and B. Sharma, “Linkage between three morphological markers in lentil,” Plant Breeding, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 579–581, 1999.
- Y. Kumar, Inheritance and linkage of genes for morphological traits in lentil (Lens culinaris. Medik.) [Ph.D. thesis], CCS University, Meerut, India, 2002.
- S. K. Mishra, “Final technical report on development of comprehensive genetic linkage map in lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.),” Tech. Rep., ICAR, New Delhi, India, 2004.
- M. Tahir and F. J. Muehlbauer, “Gene mapping in lentil with recombinant inbred lines,” Journal of Heredity, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 306–310, 1994.
- J. I. Cubero, “Taxonomy, distribution and evolution of faba bean and its wild relative,” in Genetic Resources and Their Explotation: Chickpeas, Faba Beans and Lentils, J. R. Witcombe and W. Erskine, Eds., pp. 131–144, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1984.
- J. B. Smithson, J. A. Thompson, and R. J. Summerfield, “Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.).,” in Grain Legume Crops, R. J. Summerfield and E. H. Roberts, Eds., pp. 312–390, Collins, London, UK, 1985.
- M. Niknejad, M. Khosh-khui, and S. R. Ghorashy, “Inheritance of seed size in chickpeas (Cicer arietinum L.),” Crop Science, vol. 11, pp. 768–769, 1971.
- D. R. Davies, G. J. Berry, M. C. Health, and T. C. K. Dawkins, “Pea (Pisum sativum L.).,” in Grain Legume Crops, R. J. Summerfield and E. H. Roberts, Eds., pp. 147–198, Williams Collins Sons, London, UK, 1985.
- W. L. Johannsen, “Om Arvelighed i Samfund ogrene Linier,” Kongelige Danske Videnskabernes Selskabs Forhandlinger, vol. 3, pp. 235–294, 1903.
- M. Motto, G. P. Soressi, and F. Salamini, “Seed size inheritance in a cross between wild and cultivated common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.),” Genetica, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 1978.
- B. C. Imrie, Z. U. Ahmed, and J. P. J. Eerens, “Heritability of seed weight in mungbean,” SABRAO Journal, vol. 17, pp. 173–175, 1985.