- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Aerospace Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 402653, 8 pages
Implementation of Surface Radiation and Fluid-Structure Thermal Coupling in Atmospheric Reentry
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Interdisciplinary Aerodynamics Group, Station 9, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Received 20 October 2011; Revised 16 January 2012; Accepted 24 January 2012
Academic Editor: Roger L. Davis
Copyright © 2012 Ojas Joshi and Pénélope Leyland. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. D. Anderson Jr., Hypersonic and High Temperature Gas Dynamics, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2000.
- S. Borreca, F. Cipollini, G. Tumino, and J. M. Muylaert, “Fluid-structure thermal coupling on expert open flaps,” in Proceedings of the 5th European Symposium on Aerothermodynamics for Space Vehicles, European Space Agency, Cologne, Germany, 2005.
- A. Quarteroni, Numerical Models for Differential Problems, Springer, 2009.
- P. A. Gnoffo, R. N. Gupta, and J. L. Shinn, “Conservation equations and physical models for hypersonic air flows in thermal and chemical nonequilibrium,” NASA STI/Recon Technical Report N 89:16115, 1989.
- F. P. Incropera and D. P. DeWitt, Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer, Wiley, 5th edition, 2002.
- R. Siegel and J. R. Howell, Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer, Taylor & Francis, 4th edition, 2002.
- C. M. Goral, K. E. Torrance, D. P. Greenberg, and B. Battaile, “Modeling the interaction of light between diffuse surfaces,” Computer Graphics, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 213–222, 1984.
- M. F. Modest, Radiative Heat Transfer, Academic Press, 2nd edition, 2003.
- E. Marín, “Characteristic dimensions for heat transfer,” Latin-American Journal of Physics Education, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 56–60, 2010.
- H. G. Matthies and J. Steindorf, “Partitioned strong coupling algorithms for fluid-structure interaction,” Computers and Structures, vol. 81, no. 8–11, pp. 805–812, 2003.
- P. Le Tallec and J. Mouro, “Fluid structure interaction with large structural displacements,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 190, no. 24-25, pp. 3039–3067, 2001.
- P. Leyland and V. Carstens, “Strongly coupled fluid structure interaction methods for flutter investigations in compressor cascades,” in Fluid-Structure Interaction, Hermes, Paris, France, 2000.
- C. Farhat, K. G. van der Zee, and P. Geuzaine, “Provably second-order time-accurate loosely-coupled solution algorithms for transient nonlinear computational aeroelasticity,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 195, no. 17-18, pp. 1973–2001, 2006, Fluid-Structure Interaction.
- M. Zingg, P. Leyland, and T. Ludwig, “Fluid-structure thermal coupling: application expert,” in Proceedings of the International Conference East West HighSpeed Flow Field (EWHSFF '05), Beijing, China, 2005.