- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 596347, 7 pages
Measurement-Based Spatial Correlation and Capacity of Indoor Distributed MIMO System
1School of Information and Electronics, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
2State Key Laboratory on Microwave and Digital Communications, Tsinghua National Laboratory for Information Science and Technology, Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 1 March 2013; Accepted 20 April 2013
Academic Editor: Wenhua Chen
Copyright © 2013 Yan Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2011–2016, White Paper, CISCO Systems Inc., February 2012.
- D. S. Shiu, G. J. Foschini, M. J. Gans, and J. M. Kahn, “Fading correlation and its effect on the capacity of multielement antenna systems,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 502–513, 2000.
- P. L. Kafle, A. Intarapanich, A. B. Sesay, J. McRory, and R. J. Davies, “Spatial correlation and capacity measurements for wideband MIMO channels in indoor office environment,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 1560–1571, 2008.
- P. Almers, F. Tufvesson, and A. F. Molisch, “Keyhole effect in MIMO wireless channels: measurements and theory,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 3596–3604, 2006.
- S. Büyükçorak and G. Karabulut Kurt, “Spatial correlation and MIMO capacity at 2.4 GHz,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Modeling and Simulation of Wireless Channels, Meksiko, 2012.
- D. P. McNamara, M. A. Beach, and P. N. Fletcher, “Spatial correlation in indoor mimo channels,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, vol. 1, pp. 290–294, September 2002.
- A. A. M. Saleh, A. J. Rustako, and R. S. Roman, “Distribute antennas for indoor radio communications,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 1245–1251, 1988.
- S. Zhou, M. Zhao, X. Xu, J. Wang, and Y. Yao, “Distributed wireless communication system: a new architecture for future public wireless access,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 108–113, 2003.
- C. X. Wang, X. Hong, X. Ge, X. Cheng, G. Zhang, and J. Thompson, “Cooperative MIMO channel models: a survey,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 80–87, 2010.
- M. Alatossava, A. Taparugssanagorn, V. M. Holappa, and J. Ylitalo, “Measurement based capacity of distributed MIMO antenna system in Urban microcellular environment at 5.25 GHz,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring '08), pp. 430–434, Singapore, May 2008.
- R. Ibernon-Fernandez, J. M. Molina-Garcia-Pardo, and L. Juan-Llacer, “Comparison between measurements and simulations of conventional and distributed MIMO system,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 7, pp. 546–549, 2008.
- Z. H. Li, F. Y. Luan, Y. Zhang, L. M. Xiao, L. F. Huang, and S. D. Zhou, “Capacity and spatial correlation measurements for wideband distributed MIMO channel in aircraft cabin environment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '12), pp. 1175–1179, Paris, France, 2012.
- Y. Zhang, O. Edfors, and P. Hammarberg, “A general coupling based model framework for wideband MIMO channels,” IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 574–586, 2012.
- H. Özcelik, Indoor MIMO channel models [Ph.D. dissertation], Institut für Nachrichtentechnik und Hochfrequenztechnik, Technische Universität, Wien, Austria, December 2004, http://www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/mobile/theses_finished/.
- A. F. Molisch, Wireless Communications, IEEE Press-Wiley, Chichester, UK, 2005.
- X. Gao, B. Jiang, X. Li, A. B. Gershman, and M. R. McKay, “Statistical eigenmode transmission over jointly correlated MIMO channels,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 3735–3750, 2009.
- S. Sanayei and A. Nosratinia, “Capacity of MIMO channels with antenna selection,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 4356–4362, 2007.
- Y. Zhang, Z. H. Li, and F. Y. Luan, “Measurement-based analysis of transmit antenna selection for in-cabin distributed MIMO system,” International Journal of Antenna and Propagation, vol. 2012, Article ID 598049, 6 pages, 2012.