- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomedical Imaging
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 636240, 11 pages
Segmentation of Pulmonary Vascular Trees from Thoracic 3D CT Images
Iowa Institute for Biomedical Imaging, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Received 3 July 2009; Accepted 23 September 2009
Academic Editor: M. Jiang
Copyright © 2009 Hidenori Shikata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bashar, Morit, and Kobayashi, “Automatic segmentation of abdominal blood vessels from contrasted X-ray CT images,” ICECE 2010 - 6th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, pp. 187–190, 2010.
- Klaus Drechsler, and Cristina Oyarzun Laura, “Comparison of vesselness functions for multiscale analysis of the liver vasculature,” Proceedings of the IEEE/EMBS Region 8 International Conference on Information Technology Applications in Biomedicine, ITAB, 2010.
- Prashant K. Rohatgi, “Radiological evaluation of interstitial lung disease,” Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 337–345, 2011.
- Pinyo Taeprasartsit, and William E. Higgins, “Robust method for extracting the pulmonary vascular trees from 3D MDCT images,” Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging - Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 7962, 2011.
- Oleksandr P. Dzyubak, and Erik L. Ritman, “Automation of Hessian-Based Tubularity Measure Response Function in 3D Biomedical Images,” International Journal of Biomedical Imaging, vol. 2011, pp. 1–16, 2011.
- Jingzhe Liu, Qingyu Wu, Yufeng Xu, Yan Bai, Zhibo Liu, Hongyin Li, and Jiemin Zhu, “Assessment of pulmonary vasculature volume with automated threshold-based 3D quantitative CT volumetry: In vitro and in vivo validation,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 81, no. 5, pp. 1040–1044, 2012.
- Kai Ding, Kunlin Cao, Matthew K. Fuld, Kaifang Du, Gary E. Christensen, Eric A. Hoffman, and Joseph M. Reinhardt, “Comparison of image registration based measures of regional lung ventilation from dynamic spiral CT with Xe-CT,” Medical Physics, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 5084, 2012.
- Eva M van Rikxoort, and Bram van Ginneken, “Automated segmentation of pulmonary structures in thoracic computed tomography scans: a review,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 58, no. 17, pp. R187–R220, 2013.
- Yik Ching Lee, Alys R. Clark, Matthew K. Fuld, Susan Haynes, Abhay A. Divekar, Eric A. Hoffman, and Merryn H. Tawhai, “MDCT-based quantification of porcine pulmonary arterial morphometry and self-similarity of arterial branching geometry,” Journal Of Applied Physiology, vol. 114, no. 9, pp. 1191–1201, 2013.
- Seyoun Park, Sang Min Lee, Namkug Kim, Joon Beom Seo, and Hayong Shin, “Automatic reconstruction of the arterial and venous trees on volumetric chest CT,” Medical Physics, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 071906, 2013.
- Anna Fabijańska, “Segmentation of pulmonary vascular tree from 3D CT thorax scans,” Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering, 2014.
- Shuo-Tsung Chen, Pei-Kai Hung, Muh-Shi Lin, Chao-Yu Huang, Chung-Ming Chen, Tzung-Dau Wang, and Wen-Jeng Lee, “DWT-Based Segmentation Method for Coronary Arteries,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 38, no. 6, 2014.
- Jordan S. Miller, “The Billion Cell Construct: Will Three-Dimensional Printing Get Us There?,” Plos Biology, vol. 12, no. 6, 2014.
- Han J. W. van Triest, Yong Yue, Mingjie Xu, and Yan Kang, “Automatic pulmonary fissure detection and lobe segmentation in CT chest images,” Biomedical Engineering Online, vol. 13, 2014.
- Cheng Li, Jiaze Wu, Yanling Chi, Jimin Liu, Qi Tian, and Haoyong Yu, “A quantitative evaluation function for 3D tree-like structure segmentations in liver images,” Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- M. Orkisz, M. Hernández Hoyos, V. Pérez Romanello, C. Pérez Romanello, J.C. Prieto, and C. Revol-Muller, “Segmentation of the pulmonary vascular trees in 3D CT images using variational region-growing,” Irbm, 2014.
- Fabien Maldonado, Teng Moua, Srinivasan Rajagopalan, Ronald A. Karwoski, Sushravya Raghunath, Paul A. Decker, Thomas E. Hartman, Brian J. Bartholmai, Richard A. Robb, and Jay H. Ryu, “Automated quantification of radiological patterns predicts survival in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 204–212, 2014.
- Michael Helmberger, Michael Pienn, Martin Urschler, Peter Kullnig, Rudolf Stollberger, Gabor Kovacs, Andrea Olschewski, Horst Olschewski, and Zoltan Balint, “Quantification of Tortuosity and Fractal Dimension of the Lung Vessels in Pulmonary Hypertension Patients,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- G. Ibrahim, A. Rona, and S.V. Hainsworth, “Non-uniform central airways ventilation model based on vascular segmentation,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2015.
- Tom Doel, David J. Gavaghan, and Vicente Grau, “Review of automatic pulmonary lobe segmentation methods from CT,” Computerized Medical Imaging And Graphics, vol. 40, pp. 13–29, 2015.
- Shuo-Tsung Chen, Tzung-Dau Wang, Wen-Jeng Lee, Tsai-Wei Huang, Pei-Kai Hung, Cheng-Yu Wei, Chung-Ming Chen, and Woon-Man Kung, “Coronary Arteries Segmentation Based on the 3D Discrete Wavelet Transform and 3D Neutrosophic Transform,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Joseph Jacob, Brian J. Bartholmai, Srinivasan Rajagopalan, Maria Kokosi, Arjun Nair, Ronald Karwoski, Sushravya M. Raghunath, Simon L.F. Walsh, Athol U. Wells, and David M. Hansell, “Automated Quantitative Computed Tomography Versus Visual Computed Tomography Scoring in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis,” Journal of Thoracic Imaging, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 304–311, 2016.
- Louis Gagnon, Amy F. Smith, David A. Boas, Anna Devor, Timothy W. Secomb, and Sava Sakadžić, “Modeling of Cerebral Oxygen Transport Based on In vivo Microscopic Imaging of Microvascular Network Structure, Blood Flow, and Oxygenation,” Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, vol. 10, 2016.
- Jun Lai, Ying Huang, Ying Wang, and Jun Wang, “Three-Dimensions Segmentation of Pulmonary Vascular Trees for Low Dose CT Scans,” Sensing and Imaging, vol. 17, no. 1, 2016.
- Stephen Dewhurst, Harris A. Gelbard, Hulin Wu, Yu Gu, Na Lu, Jharon N. Silva, and Hongyu Miao, “Capillary extraction by detecting polarity in circular profiles,” IET Image Processing, 2016.
- Chih-Yang Hsu, Ben Schneller, Ali Alaraj, Michael Flannery, Xiaohong Joe Zhou, and Andreas Linninger, “Automatic recognition of subject-specific cerebrovascular trees,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2016.