- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomedical Imaging
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 481064, 9 pages
Patient Specific Dosimetry Phantoms Using Multichannel LDDMM of the Whole Body
1The Center for Imaging Science, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218-2686, USA
2Carl E. Ravin Advanced Imaging Laboratories, Duke University, Durham, NC 27705, USA
3Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7575, USA
4Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
5Institute for Computational Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218-2686, USA
Received 1 April 2011; Accepted 3 June 2011
Academic Editor: Yasser M. Kadah
Copyright © 2011 Daniel J. Tward et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. J. Brenner and E. J. Hall, “Computed tomography—an increasing source of radiation exposure,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 22, pp. 2277–2284, 2007.
- The Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging, “Image gently.”, 2009, http://www.pedrad.org/associations/5364/ig.
- C. Lee, D. Lodwick, J. L. Williams, and W. E. Bolch, “Hybrid computational phantoms of the 15-year male and female adolescent: applications to CT organ dosimetry for patients of variable morphometry,” Medical Physics, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2366–2382, 2008.
- W. P. Segars, M. Mahesh, T. J. Beck, E. C. Frey, and B. M. W. Tsui, “Realistic CT simulation using the 4D XCAT phantom,” Medical Physics, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 3800–3808, 2008.
- W. P. Segars, et al., “Patient specific computerized phantoms to estimate dose in pediatric CT,” in Proceedings of the Medical Imaging: Physics of Medical Imaging, vol. 7258 of Proceedings of SPIE, p. 72580H, Lake Buena Vista, Fla, USA, February 2009.
- U. Grenander and M. I. Miller, “Computational anatomy: an emerging discipline,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 617–694, 1998.
- M. F. Beg, M. I. Miller, A. Trouvé, and L. Younes, “Computing large deformation metric mappings via geodesic flows of diffeomorphisms,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 139–157, 2005.
- M. I. Miller, A. Trouvé, and L. Younes, “On the metrics and Euler-Lagrange equations of computational anatomy,” Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 4, pp. 375–405, 1998.
- R. Shekhar, V. Walimbe, S. Raja et al., “Automated 3-dimensional elastic registration of whole-body PET and CT from separate or combined scanners,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 1488–1496, 2005.
- C. Cohade, M. Osman, L. T. Marshall, and R. L. Wahl, “PET-CT: accuracy of PET and CT spatial registration of lung lesions,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 721–726, 2003.
- P. J. Slomka, D. Dey, C. Przetak, U. E. Aladl, and R. P. Baum, “Automated 3-Dimensional registration of stand-alone 18F-FDG whole-body PET with CT,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 1156–1167, 2003.
- G. E. Christensen, R. D. Rabbitt, and M. I. Miller, “Deformable templates using large deformation kinematics,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 1435–1447, 1996.
- W. Boothby, An introduction to Differentiable Manifolds and Riemannian Geometry, Acedemic Press, 1986.
- M. I. Miller, A. Trouvé, and L. Younes, “Geodesic shooting for computational anatomy,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 209–228, 2006.
- M. Vaillant, M. I. Miller, L. Younes, and A. Trouvé, “Statistics on diffeomorphisms via tangent space representations,” NeuroImage, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. S161–S169, 2004.
- J. Ma, M. I. Miller, A. Trouvé, and L. Younes, “Bayesian template estimation in computational anatomy,” NeuroImage, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 252–261, 2008.
- C. Ceritoglu, K. Oishi, X. Li et al., “Multi-contrast large deformation diffeomorphic metric mapping for diffusion tensor imaging,” NeuroImage, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 618–627, 2009.
- A. Staniforth and J. Cote, “Semi-Lagrangian integration schemes for atmospheric models - a review,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 119, no. 9, pp. 2206–2223, 1991.
- OpenMP, “The OpenMP API specification for parallel programming,” 2011, http://openmp.org/wp/.
- D. J. Tward, C. Ceritoglu, G. Sturgeon, W. P. Segars, M. I. Miller, and J. T. Ratnanather, “Generating patient-specific dosimetry phantoms with whole-body diffeomorphic image registration,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 37th Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference, Troy, NY, USA, April 2011.
- S. C. Joshi and M. I. Miller, “Landmark matching via large deformation diffeomorphisms,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 1357–1370, 2000.
- G. M. Amdahl, “Validity of the single-processor approach to achieving large scale computing capabilities,” Proceedings in AFIPS Converence, vol. 7, pp. 483–485, 1967.
- T. Rohlfing and C. R. Maurer, “Nonrigid image registration in shared-memory multiprocessor environments with application to brains, breasts, and bees,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 16–25, 2003.
- M. Joshi, J. Cui, K. Doolittle et al., “Brain segmentation and the generation of cortical surfaces,” NeuroImage, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 461–476, 1999.
- Y. Liu, A. Fedorov, R. Kikinis, and N. Chrisochoides, “Real-time non-rigid registration of medical images on a cooperative parallel architechture,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, pp. 401–404, Washington, DC, USA, November 2009.
- F. Ino, K. Ooyama, and K. Hagihara, “A data distributed parallel algorithm for nonrigid image registration,” Parallel Computing, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 19–43, 2005.
- G. E. Christensen, M. I. Miller, M. W. Vannier, and U. Grenander, “Individualizing neuroanatomical atlases using a massively parallel computer,” Computer, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 32–38, 1996.
- L. K. Ha, J. Krüuger, P. T. Fletcher, S. Joshi, and C. T. Silva, “Fast parallel unbiased diffeomorphic atlas construction on multi-graphics processing units,” in Proceedings of the Eurographics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization, Munich, Germany, March 2009.
- L. Risser, F. Vialard, R. Wolz, M. Murgasova, D. Holm, and D. Rueckert, “Simultaneous multiscale registration using large deformation diffeomorphic metric mapping,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. In press.