- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Corrosion
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 540196, 6 pages
Corrosion Behaviour of Zn-10Al-1.5Cu Alloy
Laboratory of Physical Metallurgy, National Technical University of Athens, Zografos, 15780 Athens, Greece
Received 24 August 2010; Revised 2 December 2010; Accepted 11 January 2011
Academic Editor: Michael J. Schütze
Copyright © 2011 C. N. Panagopoulos and A. G. Tsopani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. N. Panagopoulos, V. D. Papachristos, and A. El Amoush, “Abrasive wear of zinc in various environments,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 89, no. 1-2, pp. 151–157, 1997.
- R. Guerrero, M. H. Farias, and L. Cota-Araiza, “Surface analysis of the environmental corrosion of zinalco (Zn-22Al-2Cu) alloy,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 195, no. 1–4, pp. 137–145, 2002.
- F. Rosalbino, E. Angelini, D. Macciò, A. Saccone, and S. Delfino, “Influence of rare earths addition on the corrosion behaviour of Zn-5%Al (Galfan) alloy in neutral aerated sodium sulphate solution,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 52, no. 24, pp. 7107–7114, 2007.
- A. K. Yildiz and M. Kaplan, “Corrosion behaviour, microstructure and phase transitions of Zn-based alloys,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 341–345, 2004.
- W. R. Osório, C. M. Freire, and A. Garcia, “The effect of the dendritic microstructure on the corrosion resistance of Zn-Al alloys,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 397, no. 1-2, pp. 179–191, 2005.
- V. Ashworth and D. Fairhust, “The effect of temperature on the behaviour of a zinc-mild steel couple in a solution containing chloride ions,” Corrosion Science, vol. 15, p. 669, 1975.
- M. M. Ahmed, “Corrosion behaviour of Zn-Al-Cu alloy in HCl solution and its inhibition,” Portugaliae Electrochimica Acta, vol. 24, pp. 1–22, 2006.
- M. N. Kuperman and H. E. Troiani, “Pore formation during dezincification of Zn-based alloys,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 56–63, 1999.
- E. E. Abd El Aal, “On the pitting corrosion currents of zinc by chloride anions,” Corrosion Science, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 37–49, 2004.