- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 102179, 13 pages
Sustainable Algae Biodiesel Production in Cold Climates
Center for the Environment, Clarkson University, 8 Clarkson Aveue, Potsdam, NY 13699-5700, USA
Received 30 November 2009; Accepted 1 April 2010
Academic Editor: Michael K. Danquah
Copyright © 2010 Rudras Baliga and Susan E. Powers. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- John Benemann, Ian Woertz, and Tryg Lundquist, “Life Cycle Assessment for Microalgae Oil Production,” Disruptive Science and Technology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 68–78, 2012.
- James M. Graham, Linda E. Graham, Shahrizim B. ZulkiXy, Brian F. PXeger, Spencer W. Hoover, and Jun Yoshitani, “Freshwater diatoms as a source of lipids for biofuels,” Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 419–428, 2012.
- Raja Chowdhury, Sridhar Viamajala, and Robin Gerlach, “Reduction of environmental and energy footprint of microalgal biodiesel production through material and energy integration,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 108, pp. 102–111, 2012.
- Daniel O’Connell, Mariano Savelski, and C. Stewart Slater, “Life cycle assessment of dewatering routes for algae derived biodiesel processes,” Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 2012.
- Jason C. Quinn, T. Gordon Smith, Cara Meghan Downes, and Casey Quinn, “Microalgae to biofuels lifecycle assessment — Multiple pathway evaluation,” Algal Research, 2013.
- Jason C. Quinn, Asma Hanif, Sybil Sharvelle, and Thomas H. Bradley, “Microalgae to Biofuels: Life Cycle Impacts of Methane Production of Anaerobically Digested Lipid Extracted Algae,” Bioresource Technology, 2014.
- Marie-Odile P. Fortier, Griffin W. Roberts, Susan M. Stagg-Williams, and Belinda S. M. Sturm, “Life cycle assessment of bio-jet fuel from hydrothermal liquefaction of microalgae,” Applied Energy, vol. 122, pp. 73–82, 2014.
- Pierre Collet, Laurent Lardon, Arnaud Hélias, Stéphanie Bricout, Isabelle Lombaert-Valot, Béatrice Perrier, Olivier Lépine, Jean-Philippe Steyer, and Olivier Bernard, “Biodiesel from microalgae – Life cycle assessment and recommendations for potential improvements,” Renewable Energy, vol. 71, pp. 525–533, 2014.
- Pierre Collet, Arnaud Hélias, Laurent Lardon, Jean-Philippe Steyer, and Olivier Bernard, “Recommendations for Life Cycle Assessment of algal fuels,” Applied Energy, 2015.
- Kübra Küçük, Rahul Tevatia, Esra Sorgüven, Yaşar Demirel, and Mustafa Özilgen, “Bioenergetics of growth and lipid production in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii,” Energy, 2015.
- Edward P. Bennion, Daniel M. Ginosar, John Moses, Foster Agblevor, and Jason C. Quinn, “Lifecycle assessment of microalgae to biofuel: Comparison of thermochemical processing pathways,” Applied Energy, 2015.
- Gwenny Thomassen, Miet Van Dael, Bert Lemmens, and Steven Van Passel, “A review of the sustainability of algal-based biorefineries: Towards an integrated assessment framework,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2016.
- Abdul Razack Sirajunnisa, and Duraiarasan Surendhiran, “Algae – A quintessential and positive resource of bioethanol production: A comprehensive review,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 66, pp. 248–267, 2016.
- Benjamin K. Shurtz, Byard Wood, and Jason C. Quinn, “Nutrient resource requirements for large-scale microalgae biofuel production: Multi-pathway evaluation,” Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, vol. 19, pp. 51–58, 2017.
- Abdulla Malek, Nahla Alamoodi, Ali S. Almansoori, and Prodromos Daoutidis, “Optimal Dynamic Operation of Microalgae Cultivation Coupled with Recovery of Flue Gas CO2 and Waste Heat,” Computers & Chemical Engineering, 2017.