- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 782346, 8 pages
Enthalpy-Entropy Compensation in Polyester Degradation Reactions
Chemical Engineering Department, Kuwait University, P.O. Box 5969, 13060 Safat, Kuwait
Received 22 May 2012; Accepted 28 July 2012
Academic Editor: Adrian Schumpe
Copyright © 2012 Adam Al-Mulla. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. López-Fonseca, I. Landa, M. A. Gutiérrez-Ortiz, and J. R. González-Velasco, “Non-isothermal analysis of the kinetics of the combustion of carbonaceous materials,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 65–69, 2005.
- J. Norwisz and T. Musielak, “Compensation law again,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 751–755, 2007.
- D. Dos Santos Dias, M. S. Crespi, and C. A. Ribeiro, “Non-isothermal decomposition kinetics of the interaction of poly(ethylene terephthalate) with alkyd varnish,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 539–543, 2008.
- B. Janković, L. Kolar-Anić, I. Smičiklas, S. Dimović, and D. Arandelović, “The non-isothermal thermogravimetric tests of animal bones combustion. Part. I. Kinetic analysis,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 495, no. 1-2, pp. 129–138, 2009.
- A. Al-Mulla, “Kinetic investigation of compensation effect in degradation of polyesters-1. Under revision in Euro,” Polymer Journal. In press.
- M. E. Brown, D. Dollimore, and A. K. Galwey, “Reactions in the solid state,” in Comprehensive Chemical Kinetics, vol. 22, p. 1, 1980.
- P. D. Garn, “The kinetic compensation effect,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Thermal Analysis (ICTA'74), I. Buzas, Ed., vol. 1 of Thermal Analysis, pp. 25–31, 1974.
- A. V. Nikolaev, V. A. Logvinenko, V. M. Gorbatchov, and L. I. Myachina, “Thermal Analysis,” in in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Thermal Analysis (ICTA'74), vol. 1, p. 205, 1974.
- A. W. Coats and J. P. Redfern, “Kinetic parameters from thermogravimetric data II,” Journal of Polymer Science Part B, pp. 3917–3920, 1965.
- V. Indira and G. Parameswaran, “Thermal decomposition kinetics of Schiff base complexes of copper(II) and palladium(II),” Journal of Thermal Analysis, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 1151–1162, 1987.
- P. V. Khadikar, “Structure and thermal characterization of tris-thallium(III) glycollate,” Journal of Thermal Analysis, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 737–748, 1987.
- N. S. Petro and B. S. Girgis, “Dehydration kinetics of hydrated iron oxide from dynamic thermogravimetry,” Journal of Thermal Analysis, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 37–45, 1988.
- K. N. Ninan, “Kinetics of solid state thermal decomposition reactions,” Journal of Thermal Analysis, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 1267–1278, 1989.
- J. J. M. Orfao and F. G. Martins, “Kinetic analysis of solid state thermal decomposition reactions,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 390, pp. 195–201, 2002.
- I. Prigogine and R. Defay, Chemical Thermodynamics, Longmans Green and Co., London, UK, 1954.
- O. F. Shlensky and E. F. Vaynshteyn, “Thermal analysis study of the dynamic decomposition of polymers during rapid heating, limiting temperatures of thermolysis,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1477–1482, 1989.
- E. F. Vainstein and G. E. Zaikov, “Role of chain length in degradation process (chain breakdown),” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 84, no. 10, pp. 1810–1817, 2002.
- N. M. Emanuel and D. G. Knorre, Chemical Kinetics, Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, russia, 1984.
- M. A. Semiokhin, S. A. Strakhov, and A. N. Osipov, Kinetics of Chemical Reactions, Moscow State University, 1995.
- J. Sestak, Thermochemical Properties of Solids, Academica, Prague, Czech Republic, 1984.
- V. Indira and G. Parameswaran, “Thermal decomposition kinetics of salicylideneaminofluorene complexes of Cobalt(II) and Nickel(II),” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 101, pp. 145–154, 1986.
- L. T. Vlaev, I. G. Markovska, and L. A. Lyubchev, “Non-isothermal kinetics of pyrolysis of rice husk,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 406, no. 1-2, pp. 1–7, 2003.
- L. H. McAmish and F. J. Johnston, “Sulfur exchange and decomposition kinetics in solid Na2S2O3,” Journal of Inorganic and Nuclear Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 537–540, 1976.
- G. W. Collet and B. Rand, “Thermogravimetric investigation of the pyrolysis of pitch materials. A compensation effect and variation in kinetic parameters with heating rate,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 41, pp. 153–165, 1980.
- R. K. Agrawal, “On the compensation effect,” Journal of Thermal Analysis, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 73–86, 1986.
- J. M. Criado, L. A. Perez-Maqueda, and P. E. sanchez-Jimenez, “Dependence of pre-exponential factor on temperature,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 82, pp. 671–678, 2005.
- L. Liu and Q. X. Guo, “Isokinetic relationship, isoequilibrium relationship, and enthalpy-entropy compensation,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 673–695, 2001.
- O. Exner, “On the enthalpy-entropy-relationship,” Collection of Czechoslovak Chemical Communications, vol. 29, pp. 1094–1113, 1964.
- L. D. Peterson and S. D. Kevan, “Desorption and molecular interactions on surfaces: CO/Cu(001) and Cu(011),” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 2281–2293, 1991.
- R. R. Krug, W. G. Hunter, and R. A. Grieger, “Enthalpy-entropy compensation. 2. Separation of the chemical from the statistical effect,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 80, no. 21, pp. 2341–2351, 1976.