International Journal of Chemical Engineering / 2018 / Article / Fig 9

Research Article

Polyelectrolyte Complexation versus Ionotropic Gelation for Chitosan-Based Hydrogels with Carboxymethylcellulose, Carboxymethyl Starch, and Alginic Acid

Figure 9

Optical microscope images of hydrogel samples made of AA 3% by (a) ionotropic gelation with CaCl2 1% w/v, (b) polyelectrolyte complexation with CS 0.01% w/v, and (c) combination of ionotropic gelation and polyelectrolyte complexation (CaCl2 1% w/w).