Research Article | Open Access
Uniform Blow-Up Rates and Asymptotic Estimates of Solutions for Diffusion Systems with Nonlocal Sources
This paper investigates the local existence of the nonnegative solution and the finite time blow-up of solutions and boundary layer profiles of diffusion equations with nonlocal reaction sources; we also study the global existence and that the rate of blow-up is uniform in all compact subsets of the domain, the blow-up rate of is precisely determined.
- P. Souplet, “Uniform blow-up profiles and boundary behavior for diffusion equations with nonlocal nonlinear source,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 153, no. 2, pp. 374–406, 1999.
- K. Bimpong-Bota, P. Ortoleva, and J. Ross, “Far-from-equilibrium phenomena at local sites of reaction,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 3124–3133, 1974.
- H. Li and M. Wang, “Blow-up properties for parabolic systems with localized nonlinear sources,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 771–778, 2004.
- Q. Liu, Y. Li, and H. Gao, “Uniform blow-up rate for diffusion equations with nonlocal nonlinear source,” to appear in Nonlinear Analysis.
- M. Wang, “Blow-up rate estimates for semilinear parabolic systems,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 317–324, 2001.
- G. Caristi and E. Mitidieri, “Blow-up estimates of positive solutions of a parabolic system,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 265–271, 1994.
- J. Furter and M. Grinfeld, “Local vs. nonlocal interactions in population dynamics,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 65–80, 1989.
- F. B. Weissler, “An blow-up estimate for a nonlinear heat equation,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 291–295, 1985.
- Y. Giga and R. V. Kohn, “Asymptotically self-similar blow-up of semilinear heat equations,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 297–319, 1985.
- Z. Yang and Q. Lu, “Blow-up estimates for a non-Newtonian filtration equation,” Journal of Mathematical Research and Exposition, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 7–14, 2003.
- Z. Yang, “Nonexistence of positive solutions to a quasi-linear elliptic equation and blow-up estimates for a nonlinear heat equation,” Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1399–1414, 2006.
- M. Wang, “Global existence and finite time blow up for a reaction-diffusion system,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 160–167, 2000.
- M. Wang, “Blowup estimates for a semilinear reaction diffusion system,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 257, no. 1, pp. 46–51, 2001.
- V. A. Galaktionov, S. P. Kurdyumov, and A. A. Samarskii, “A parabolic system of quasilinear equations. I,” Differential Equations, vol. 19, pp. 1558–1571, 1983.
- V. A. Galaktionov, S. P. Kurdyumov, and A. A. Samarskii, “A parabolic system of quasilinear equations. II,” Differential Equations, vol. 21, pp. 1049–1062, 1985.
- Y. Chen, “Blow-up for a system of heat equations with nonlocal sources and absorptions,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 48, no. 3-4, pp. 361–372, 2004.
- M. Escobedo and M. A. Herrero, “A semilinear parabolic system in a bounded domain,” Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata. Serie Quarta, vol. 165, no. 1, pp. 315–336, 1993.
- Z. Yang and Q. Lu, “Nonexistence of positive solutions to a quasilinear elliptic system and blow-up estimates for a non-Newtonian filtration system,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 581–587, 2003.
- Z. Yang and Q. Lu, “Blow-up estimates for a quasi-linear reaction-diffusion system,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1005–1023, 2003.
- F. Dickstein and M. Escobedo, “A maximum principle for semilinear parabolic systems and applications,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 825–837, 2001.
- P. Pucci and J. Serrin, “The strong maximum principle revisited,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 1–66, 2004.
- A. Friedman and B. McLeod, “Blow-up of positive solutions of semilinear heat equations,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 425–447, 1985.
Copyright © 2007 Zhoujin Cui and Zuodong Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.