- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 301935, 7 pages
Short-Wavelength Light Enhances Cortisol Awakening Response in Sleep-Restricted Adolescents
Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 21 Union Street, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Received 6 March 2012; Accepted 30 May 2012
Academic Editor: Andreas Höflich
Copyright © 2012 Mariana G. Figueiro and Mark S. Rea. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Greg J. Elder, Mark A. Wetherell, Nicola L. Barclay, and Jason G. Ellis, “The cortisol awakening response – Applications and implications for sleep medicine,” Sleep Medicine Reviews, 2013.
- Blythe A. Corbett, and Clayton W. Schupp, “The Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR) in Male Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder,” Hormones and Behavior, 2014.
- Boris B. Pinkhasov, Vera G. Selyatitskaya, and Ani R. Karapetyan, “Bright light enhances the efficiency of physical activity in combination with a restrictive diet,” Health, vol. 06, no. 03, pp. 202–211, 2014.
- Bettina Stemer, Andreas Melmer, Dietmar Fuchs, Christoph Ebenbichler, Georg Kemmler, and Eberhard A. Deisenhammer, “Bright versus dim ambient light affects subjective well-being but not serotonin-related biological factors,” Psychiatry Research, 2015.
- Tobias Stalder, Clemens Kirschbaum, Brigitte M. Kudielka, Emma K. Adam, Jens C. Pruessner, Stefan Wüst, Samantha Dockray, Nina Smyth, Phil Evans, Dirk H. Hellhammer, Robert Miller, Mark A. Wetherell, Sonia J. Lupien, and Angela Clow, “Assessment of the cortisol awakening response: Expert consensus guidelines,” Psychoneuroendocrinology, 2015.
- A. Peña-García, A. Hurtado, and M.C. Aguilar-Luzón, “Impact of public lighting on pedestrians’ perception of safety and well-being,” Safety Science, vol. 78, pp. 142–148, 2015.
- Francisco G. Montoya, Antonio Peña-García, Adel Juaidi, and Francisco Manzano-Agugliaro, “Indoor Lighting Techniques: an overview of evolution and new trends for energy saving,” Energy and Buildings, 2017.