- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 856359, 7 pages
Association of Lipids with Oxidative Stress Biomarkers in Subclinical Hypothyroidism
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Bioquímica Toxicológica, Departamento de Química, Centro de Ciências Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, 97105-900 Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Received 5 July 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editor: Leon Bach
Copyright © 2012 Adriana Santi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nalini N. E. Radhakishun, Mariska van Vliet, Ines A. von Rosenstiel, Olivier Weijer, Jos H. Beijnen, Dees P. M. Brandjes, and Michaela Diamant, “Increasing thyroid-stimulating hormone is associated with impaired glucose metabolism in euthyroid obese children and adolescents,” Journal Of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 26, no. 5-6, pp. 531–537, 2013.
- I. Villanueva, C. Alva-Sánchez, and J. Pacheco-Rosado, “The Role of Thyroid Hormones as Inductors of Oxidative Stress and Neurodegeneration,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Dilek Sarici, Ali Yikilmaz, Leyla Akin, Tamer Gunes, M. Adnan Ozturk, and Selim Kurtoglu, “Aortic Intima-Media Thickness in Newborns with Congenital Hypothyroidism,” Hormone Research in Paediatrics, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 267–272, 2013.
- A. R. Bitla, V. S. Reddy, M. M. Suchitra, P. V. L. N. Srinivasa Rao, V. Suresh, A. Sachan, and S. Gouroju, “Antioxidant Defense in Overt and Subclinical Hypothyroidism,” Hormone And Metabolic Research, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 754–758, 2013.
- M. Rodacki, L. Zajdenverg, J. R. Dantas, J. E. P. de Oliveira, R. R. Luiz, R. A. Cobas, C. C. S. Palma, C. A. Negrato, and M. B. Gomes, “Should thyroid-stimulating hormone goals be reviewed in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus? Results from The Brazilian Type 1 Diabetes Study Group,” Diabetic Medicine, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1665–1672, 2014.
- A. Santi, J. Baldissareli, C. R. Murussi, G. R. M. Dias, C. C. de Menezes, D. Zanini, F. H. Abdalla, G. R. Thome, C. C. Martins, M. R. C. Schetinger, and V. L. Loro, “Effects of Quercetin on Oxidative Stress Biomarkers in Methimazole - Induced Hypothyroid Rats,” Experimental And Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes, vol. 122, no. 9, pp. 533–539, 2014.
- Kok-Yong Chin, Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, Isa Naina Mohamed, Amilia Aminuddin, Mohamad Hanapi Johari, and Wzw Wan Zurinah Wan Ngah, “The Relationships between Thyroid Hormones and Thyroid-stimulating Hormone with Lipid Profile in Euthyroid Men,” International Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 349–355, 2014.
- Kexi Zha, Changting Zuo, Aihong Wang, Bingchang Zhang, Yan Zhang, Bei Wang, Yunjia Wang, Jiajun Zhao, Ling Gao, and Chao Xu, “LDL in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism shows increased lipid peroxidation,” Lipids in Health and Disease, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- Maureen Jepkorir Cheserek, Gui-Rong Wu, Arsene Ntazinda, Yong-Hui Shi, Li-Ye Shen, and Guo-Wei Le, “Association Between Thyroid Hormones, Lipids And Oxidative Stress Markers In Subclinical Hypothyroidism,” Journal Of Medical Biochemistry, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 323–331, 2015.
- Avupati Naga Syamsunder, Pravati Pal, Gopal Krushna Pal, Chandrakasan Sadishkumar Kamalanathan, Subhash Chandra Parija, Nivedita Nanda, and Allampalli Sirisha, “Decreased baroreflex sensitivity is linked to the atherogenic index, retrograde inflammation, and oxidative stress in subclinical hypothyroidism,” Endocrine Research, pp. 1–10, 2016.
- K. Unluhizarci, A. Kiris, K. Kose, E. Tanrikulu, Z. Karaca, F. Tanriverdi, and F. Kelestimur, “Thyroid Hormone Withdrawal Further Exacerbates Oxidative Stress in Patients with Thyroid Carcinoma,” Experimental And Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 225–229, 2016.
- Cihangir Erem, Akile Karacin Suleyman, Nadim Civan, Ahmet Mentese, İrfan Nuhoglu, Aysegul Uzun, Hulya Coskun, and Orhan Deger, “The effect of L-thyroxine replacement therapy on ischemia-modified albümin and malondialdehyde levels in patients with overt and subclinical hypothyroidism,” Endocrine Research, pp. 1–11, 2016.
- Hongmei Zhang, Yan Dong, and Qing Su, “Perinatal hypothyroidism modulates antioxidant defence status in the developing rat liver and heart,” Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, pp. 1–5, 2016.
- Antonio Mancini, Chantal Di Segni, Sebastiano Raimondo, Giulio Olivieri, Andrea Silvestrini, Elisabetta Meucci, and Diego Currò, “Thyroid Hormones, Oxidative Stress, and Inflammation,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2016, pp. 1–12, 2016.
- J. Ye, X. Zhong, Y. Du, C. Cai, and T. Pan, “Role of levothyroxine and vitamin E supplementation in the treatment of oxidative stress-induced injury and apoptosis of myocardial cells in hypothyroid rats,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, 2017.
- Yuanyuan Huang, Zhaojian Ying, Zhibo Chen, Weiwei Xiang, Zhongqian Su, Weiwei Quan, Yiyun Weng, and Xu Zhang, “Thyroid hormone level is associated with the frequency and severity of Guillain–Barré syndrome,” International Journal of Neuroscience, pp. 1–7, 2017.