- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 925143, 8 pages
Chemical Methods to Induce Beta-Cell Proliferation
Chemical Biology Program, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Received 19 March 2012; Accepted 21 May 2012
Academic Editor: A. N. Balamurugan
Copyright © 2012 Amedeo Vetere and Bridget K. Wagner. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Weijun Shen, Matthew S. Tremblay, Vishal A. Deshmukh, Weidong Wang, Christophe M. Filippi, George Harb, You-qing Zhang, Anwesh Kamireddy, Janine E. Baaten, Qihui Jin, Tom Wu, Jonathan G. Swoboda, Charles Y. Cho, Jing Li, Bryan A. Laffitte, Peter McNamara, Richard Glynne, Xu Wu, Ann E. Herman, and Peter G. Schultz, “Small-Molecule Inducer of beta Cell Proliferation Identified by High-Throughput Screening,” Journal Of The American Chemical Society, vol. 135, no. 5, pp. 1669–1672, 2013.
- Chrysovalantou Mihailidou, Athanasios G. Papavassiliou, and Hippokratis Kiaris, “A crosstalk between p21 and UPR-induced transcription factor C/EBP homologous protein (CHOP) linked to Type 2 Diabetes,” Biochimie, 2013.
- Marta Szabat, and James D. Johnson, “Modulation of beta-Cell Fate and Function by TGF beta Ligands: A Superfamily With Many Powers,” Endocrinology, vol. 154, no. 11, pp. 3965–3969, 2013.
- Philippe A. Lysy, and Gordon C. Weir, “Making beta Cells from Adult Cells Within the Pancreas,” Current Diabetes Reports, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 695–703, 2013.
- Amedeo Vetere, Amit Choudhary, Sean M. Burns, and Bridget K. Wagner, “Targeting the pancreatic β-cell to treat diabetes,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2014.
- M. Skrzypski, N. Khajavi, S. Mergler, D. Szczepankiewicz, P. A. Kolodziejski, D. Metzke, T. Wojciechowicz, M. Billert, K. W. Nowak, and M. Z. Strowski, “TRPV6 channel modulates proliferation of insulin secreting INS-1E beta cell line,” Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta-Molecular Cell Research, vol. 1853, no. 12, pp. 3202–3210, 2015.
- Mirjana Mihailović, Jelena Arambašić Јovanović, Aleksandra Uskoković, Nevena Grdović, Svetlana Dinić, Senka Vidović, Goran Poznanović, Ibrahim Mujić, and Melita Vidaković, “ Protective Effects of the Mushroom Lactarius deterrimus Extract on Systemic Oxidative Stress and Pancreatic Islets in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats ,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2015, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Brian P. Boerner, Nicholas M. George, Shakeel U.R. Mir, and Nora E. Sarvetnick, “WS6 induces both alpha and beta cell proliferation without affecting differentiation or viability,” Endocrine Journal, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 379–386, 2015.
- Ercument Dirice, Deepika Walpita, Amedeo Vetere, Bennett C. Meier, Sevim Kahraman, Jiang Hu, Vlado Dančík, Sean M. Burns, Tamara J. Gilbert, David E. Olson, Paul A. Clemons, Rohit N. Kulkarni, and Bridget K. Wagner, “Inhibition of DYRK1A Stimulates Human β-Cell Proliferation,” Diabetes, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 1660–1671, 2016.