- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 182060, 6 pages
Osteoprotegerin as a Marker of Atherosclerosis in Diabetic Patients
12nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens Medical School, Aretaeio Hospital, 11526 Athens, Greece
2Obstetric-Gynecological Unit and Research Center, Evgenideio Hospital, University of Athens, 11526 Athens, Greece
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical School, University of Thessaly, 41334 Larissa, Greece
42nd University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hippokratio General Hospital, University of Thessaloniki Medical School, 54642 Thessaloniki, Greece
5Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General District Hospital “Helena Venizelou”, 11521 Athens, Greece
61st Department of Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Laiko Hospital, 11527 Athens, Greece
Received 19 November 2012; Accepted 28 December 2012
Academic Editor: Anil K. Agarwal
Copyright © 2013 Areti Augoulea et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hanis H. Harith, Margaret J. Morris, and Mary M. Kavurma, “On the TRAIL of obesity and diabetes,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2013.
- Hye Ja Lee, and Chang Hoon Lee, “Transglutaminase-2 Is Involved in Expression of Osteoprotegerin in MG-63 Osteosarcoma Cells,” Biomolecules & Therapeutics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 204–209, 2013.
- Dima L Diab, and Nelson B Watts, “Denosumab in osteoporosis,” Expert Opinion on Drug Safety, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Shaoqiong Zhou, Siming Guan, Wei Li, Hongyu Qiu, Xing Fang, and Huaping Xin, “Osteoprotegerin Inhibits Calcification of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell via Down Regulation of the Notch1-RBP-J kappa/Msx2 Signaling Pathway,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- C. Perez de Ciriza, A. Lawrie, and N. Varo, “Influence of pre-analytical and analytical factors on osteoprotegerin measurements,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 47, no. 13-14, pp. 1279–1285, 2014.
- Carmen Pérez de Ciriza, María Moreno, Patricia Restituto, Gorka Bastarrika, Isabel Simón, Inmaculada Colina, and Nerea Varo, “Circulating osteoprotegerin is increased in the metabolic syndrome and associates with subclinical atherosclerosis and coronary arterial calcification,” Clinical Biochemistry, 2014.
- Ezgi Kalaycıoğlu, Tayyar Gökdeniz, Ahmet Çağrı Aykan, Engin Hatem, Mustafa Ozan Gürsoy, Asım Ören, Hüseyin Yaman, Ayşe Gül Karadeniz, and Şükrü Çelik, “Osteoprotegerin is Associated with Subclinical Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Diabetic Hypertensive Patients: a Speckle Tracking Study,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Stella Bernardi, Bruno Fabris, Merlin Thomas, Barbara Toffoli, Christos Tikellis, Riccardo Candido, Cristiana Catena, Paolo Mulatero, Fabio Barbone, Oriano Radillo, Giorgio Zauli, and Paola Secchiero, “Osteoprotegerin increases in metabolic syndrome and promotes adipose tissue proinflammatory changes,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2014.
- S. -T Wang, C. -Y. Zhang, C. -M. Zhang, and W. Rong, “The Plasma Osteoprotegerin Level and Osteoprotegerin Expression in Renal Biopsy Tissue are Increased in Type 2 Diabetes with Nephropathy,” Experimental And Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 106–111, 2015.
- Diana Moldovan, Ina Maria Kacso, Crina Rusu, Alina Potra, Cosmina Ioana Bondor, Ioan Moldovan, Ioan Mihai Patiu, Dan Vladutiu, and Mirela Gherman Caprioara, “Role of osteoprotegerin in vascular disorders of the end-stage renal disease patients,” Biomarkers, pp. 1–7, 2015.
- Cigdem Alkac, Burak Alkac, Feray Akbas, Hale Aral, Yesim Karagoz, and Esma Guldal Altunoglu, “Osteoprotegerin as a marker of atherosclerosis in type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients,” Turkish Journal Of Medical Sciences, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1306–1311, 2015.
- Beata Telejko, Katarzyna Kalejta, Mariusz Kuzmicki, Natalia Wawrusiewicz-Kurylonek, Danuta Lipinska, Justyna Pliszka, Juliusz Wilk, Anna Zielinska, Angelika Sobota, Jacek Szamatowicz, Adam Kretowski, and Maria Gorska, “The association of bone turnover markers with pro- and anti-inflammatory adipokines in patients with gestational diabetes,” Annals Of Agricultural And Environmental Medicine, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 307–312, 2015.
- Hee-Jeong Choi, “New Antiresorptive Therapies for Postmenopausal Osteoporosis,” Journal of Menopausal Medicine, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 1, 2015.
- Neslihan Soysal-Atile, Sibel Guldiken, Tammam Sipahi, Fulya Yukcu, Betul Ekiz-Bilir, Serhat Huseyin, Turan Ege, and Armagan Tugrul, “Relationship Between an Osteoprotegerin Gene Polymorphism and Diabetic Vascular Complications,” Clinical Laboratory, vol. 61, no. 5-6, pp. 595–601, 2015.
- C. Pérez de Ciriza, A. Lawrie, and N. Varo, “Osteoprotegerin in Cardiometabolic Disorders,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2015, pp. 1–15, 2015.
- Cristina Miranda, Mercè Giner, M. José Montoya, M. Angeles Vázquez, M. José Miranda, and Ramón Pérez-Cano, “Influence of high glucose and advanced glycation end-products (ages) levels in human osteoblast-like cells gene expression,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 17, no. 1, 2016.
- Ons Fekih, Hamdi Triki, Sonia Triki, Fadoua Neffati, Slaheddine Chouchane, Mohamed Neji Guediche, and Mohamed Fadhel Najjar, “Osteoprotegerin as a marker of cardiovascular risk in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes,” Pediatric Diabetes, 2016.
- Alexander E. Berezin, Alexander A. Kremzer, Tatyana A. Berezina, and Yu V. Martovitskaya, “The pattern of circulating microparticles in patients with diabetes mellitus with asymptomatic atherosclerosis,” Acta Clinica Belgica, pp. 1–8, 2016.
- Peng Duan, Min Yang, Meilin Wei, Jia Liu, and Ping Tu, “Serum Osteoprotegerin Is a Potential Biomarker of Insulin Resistance in Chinese Postmenopausal Women with Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2017, pp. 1–8, 2017.