- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 981649, 15 pages
On the Fine-Scale Topography Regulating Changes in Atmospheric Hydrological Cycle and Extreme Rainfall over West Africa in a Regional Climate Model Projections
1Laboratory for Atmospheric Physics-Simeon Fongang (LPASF), Polytechnic School, Cheikh Anta Diop University, P.O. Box 5085, Dakar-Fann, Senegal
2Earth System Physics Section, International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), 34151 Trieste, Italy
3Howard University Program in Atmospheric Sciences, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Received 27 April 2011; Revised 27 October 2011; Accepted 5 November 2011
Academic Editor: Alessandra Giannini
Copyright © 2012 M. B. Sylla et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. B. Sylla, F. Giorgi, E. Coppola, and L. Mariotti, “Uncertainties in daily rainfall over Africa: assessment of gridded observation products and evaluation of a regional climate model simulation,” International Journal of Climatology, 2012.
- Mojisola Oluwayemisi Adeniyi, “Sensitivity of different convection schemes in RegCM4.0 for simulation of precipitation during the Septembers of 1989 and 1998 over West Africa,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2013.
- Alessandro Dosio, Arona Dhiédiou, Andre Kamga, Nana Ama Browne Klutse, Bruce Hewitson, Grigory Nikulin, Benjamin Lamptey, Emiola Gbobaniyi, Abdoulaye Sarr, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Ismaila Diallo, and Chris Lennard, “Climatology, annual cycle and interannual variability of precipitation and temperature in CORDEX simulations over West Africa,” International Journal of Climatology, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 2241–2257, 2013.
- Maria Joao Costa, Elsa Cattani, Sante Laviola, and Vincenzo Levizzani, “Extreme precipitation on the Island of Madeira on 20 February 2010 as seen by satellite passive microwave sounders,” European Journal Of Remote Sensing, vol. 46, pp. 475–489, 2013.
- Julien Cretat, Edward K. Vizy, and Kerry H. Cook, “How well are daily intense rainfall events captured by current climate models over Africa?,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 42, no. 9-10, pp. 2691–2711, 2014.
- Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Filippo Giorgi, Jeremy S. Pal, Peter Gibba, Ibourahima Kebe, and Michel Nikiema, “Projected Changes in the Annual Cycle of High-Intensity Precipitation Events over West Africa for the Late Twenty-First Century*,” Journal of Climate, vol. 28, no. 16, pp. 6475–6488, 2015.
- Christopher Lennard, and Gabriele Hegerl, “Relating changes in synoptic circulation to the surface rainfall response using self-organising maps,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 44, no. 3-4, pp. 861–879, 2015.
- Vahid Rahmani, Stacy L. Hutchinson, John A. Harrington Jr., and J. M. Shawn Hutchinson, “Analysis of frequency and magnitude of extreme rainfall events with potential impacts on flooding: a case study from the central United States,” International Journal of Climatology, 2015.
- Rajesh Kumar Singh Maurya, and G. P. Singh, “Simulation of present-day precipitation over India using a regional climate model,” Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 2015.
- Nana Ama Browne Klutse, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Ismaila Diallo, Abdoulaye Sarr, Alessandro Dosio, Arona Diedhiou, Andre Kamga, Benjamin Lamptey, Abdou Ali, Emiola O. Gbobaniyi, Kwadwo Owusu, Christopher Lennard, Bruce Hewitson, Grigory Nikulin, Hans-Jürgen Panitz, and Matthias Büchner, “Daily characteristics of West African summer monsoon precipitation in CORDEX simulations,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2015.
- Pinghouinde Michel Nikiema, Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Kehinde Ogunjobi, Ibourahima Kebe, Peter Gibba, and Filippo Giorgi, “Multi-model CMIP5 and CORDEX simulations of historical summer temperature and precipitation variabilities over West Africa,” International Journal of Climatology, 2016.
- Mojisola O. Adeniyi, “The consequences of the IPCC AR5 RCPs 4.5 and 8.5 climate change scenarios on precipitation in West Africa,” Climatic Change, 2016.
- Hamza Kunhu Bangalath, and Georgiy Stenchikov, “Sensitivity of the Middle East–North African Tropical Rainbelt to Dust Shortwave Absorption: A High-Resolution AGCM Experiment,” Journal of Climate, vol. 29, no. 19, pp. 7103–7126, 2016.
- Mouhamadou Bamba Sylla, Jeremy S. Pal, Guiling L. Wang, and Peter J. Lawrence, “Impact of land cover characterization on regional climate modeling over West Africa,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 46, no. 1-2, pp. 637–650, 2016.
- Xin-Min Zeng, Ming Wang, Yujian Zhang, Yang Wang, and Yiqun Zheng, “Assessing the Effects of Spatial Resolution on Regional Climate Model Simulated Summer Temperature and Precipitation in China: A Case Study,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2016, pp. 1–12, 2016.