- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 398956, 12 pages
Metrological Analysis of Geopotential Gravity Field for Harbor Waterside Management and Water Quality Control
1OGS (Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale), ST-COPS, Via Carducci 120, 19126 La Spezia, Italy
2Università degli Studi di Genova, DITEN, Via all'Opera Pia 11A, 16145 Genova, Italy
3Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Sez. Roma 2, Via di Vigna Murata 605, 00143 Roma, Italy
Received 24 January 2013; Accepted 22 April 2013
Academic Editor: Michela Giustiniani
Copyright © 2013 Osvaldo Faggioni et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Vilibić, G. Beg Paklar, V. Dadić, D. Ivanković, and S. Čupić, “Qualitative analysis of old and new sea level measuring techniques and their data consistency,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 428–435, 2007.
- D. S. Rosen and L. Raskin, “Wind and wave effects on sea level measurements,” in Proceedings of the ESEAS-RI Workshop on Sea Level Observation and Interpretation, Valletta, Malta, November 2004.
- O. Faggioni, G. Arena, M. Bencivenga et al., “The Newtonian approach in meteorological tide waves forecasting: preliminary observations in the East Ligurian harbours,” Annals of Geophysics, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1177–1187, 2006.
- M. Crépon, “Influence de la pression atmosphérique sur le niveau moyen de la Méditerranée Occidentale et sur le flux à travers le Détroit de Gibraltar,” Cahiers Océanographiques, vol. 17, pp. 15–32, 1965.
- F. Mosetti, “Oscillazioni del livello medio marino a Venezia in rapporto con le oscillazioni di pressione atmosferica,” Bollettino di Geofisica Teorica ed Applicata, vol. 11, no. 43-44, pp. 264–277, 1969.
- C. Stocchino and V. Scotto, “Il livello marino e la pressione atmosferica nel porto di Genova,” Bulletin de l'Institut Océanographique de Monaco, vol. 69, no. 1399, pp. 1–10, 1970.
- C. Garrett and B. Toulany, “Sea level variability due to meteorological forcing in the northeast Gulf of St. Lawrence,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 87, no. C3, pp. 1968–1978, 1982.
- P. Picco, R. Bozzano, M. E. Schiano et al., “Marine observing system from fixed platform in the Ligurian Sea,” Bollettino di Geofisica Teorica ed Applicata, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 227–239, 2007.
- J. S. Allen and D. W. Denbo, “Statistical characteristics of the large-scale response of coastal sea level to atmospheric forcing,” Journal of Physical Oceanography, vol. 14, pp. 1079–1094, 1984.
- C. Garrett and F. Majaess, “Non-isostatic response of sea-level to atmospheric pressure in the Eastern Mediterranean,” Journal of Physical Oceanography, vol. 14, pp. 656–665, 1984.
- A. A. H. El-Gindy and F. M. Eid, “Long term variations of monthly mean sea level and its relation to atmospheric pressure in the Mediterranean Sea,” International Hydrographic Review, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 147–159, 1990.
- M. N. Tsimplis, “The response of sea level to atmospheric forcing in the Mediterranean,” Journal of Coastal Research, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1309–1321, 1995.
- M. N. Tsimplis and G. N. Vlahakis, “Meteorological forcing and sea level variability in the Aegean Sea,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 99, no. C5, pp. 9879–9890, 1994.
- P. Y. Le Traon and P. Gauzelin, “Response of the Mediterranean mean sea level to atmospheric pressure forcing,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 102, no. C1, pp. 973–984, 1997.
- O. Faggioni, M. Soldani, G. L. Piangiamore et al., “Harbour water management for port structures and sea bottom design, coast proximity navigation management, water quality control,” in Proceedings of Mediterranean Days of Coastal and Port Engineering, Palermo, Italy, October 2008.
- C. Wunsch and D. Stammer, “Atmospheric loading and the oceanic “Inverted barometer” effect,” Reviews of Geophysics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 79–107, 1997.
- J. Willebrand, S. Philander, and R. Pacanowski, “The oceanic response to large-scale atmospheric disturbances,” Journal of Physical Oceanography, vol. 10, pp. 411–429, 1980.
- R. M. Ponte and P. Gaspar, “Regional analysis of the inverted barometer effect over the global ocean using TOPEX/POSEIDON data and model results,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 104, no. C7, pp. 15587–15601, 1999.
- Aviso and PoDaac User Handbook—IGDR and GDR Jason-1 Product, SMM-MU-M5-OP-13184-CN, 4.1 edition, 2008.
- G. B. Brassington, “Ocean prediction issues related to weather and climate prediction,” in Proceedings of the 15th Session of the Commission for Atmospheric Sciences, Seoul, Republic of Korea, November 2009.
- I. Moon, “Impact of a coupled ocean wave-tide-circulation system on coastal modeling,” Ocean Modelling, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 203–236, 2005.
- P. Lynch, “The origins of computer weather prediction and climate modeling,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 227, no. 7, pp. 3431–3444, 2008.
- P. Lynch, “Weather prediction by numerical process,” in The Emergence of Numerical Weather Prediction, pp. 1–27, Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- American Institute of Physics, Atmospheric General Circulation Modeling, 2008.
- H. Hughes, Model Output Statistics Forecast Guidance, United States Air Force Environmental Technical Applications Center, 1976.
- D. L. Best and S. P. Pryor, Air Weather Service Model Output Statistics Systems, Air Force Global Weather Central, 1983.
- D. J. Stensrud, Parameterization Schemes: Keys to Understanding Numerical Weather Prediction Models, Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- T. N. Krishnamurti, “Numerical weather prediction,” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 195–224, 1995.