- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 879530, 6 pages
2D Electrical Imaging Surveys for Leachate Plume Migration at an Old Dump Site in Ibadan South Western Nigeria: A Case Study
1Dasamol Georesource Company, Lagos, Nigeria
2Department of Earth Sciences, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Nigeria
Received 14 October 2013; Revised 10 February 2014; Accepted 12 February 2014; Published 26 March 2014
Academic Editor: Robert Tenzer
Copyright © 2014 Dare Omolayo and Fatoba Julius Tope. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. N. Ehirim, J. O. Ebeniro, and O. P. Olanegan, “A geophysical investigation of solid waste landfill using 2-D resistivity imaging and vertical electrical sounding methods in Port Harcourt municipality, Rivers State, Nigeria,” The Pacific Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 604–613, 2009.
- O. Egwebe, C. O. Aigbogun, and S. O. Ifedili, “Geo-electrical evaluation of waste dump sites at Warri and its environ, Delta State, Nigeria,” Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 61–64, 2007.
- H. Rosqvist, T. Dahlin, A. Fourie, L. Rohrs, A. Bengtsson, and M. Larsson, “Mapping of leachate plumes at two landfill sites in South Africa using geoelectrical imaging techniques,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium, pp. 1–10, Cagliari, Italy, October 2003.
- O. J. Olaniran, “Evidence of climatic change in Nigeria based on annual series of rainfall of different daily amounts, 1919–1985,” Climatic Change, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 319–340, 1991.
- D. S. MacFarlane, J. A. Cherry, R. W. Gillham, and E. A. Sudicky, “Migration of contaminants in groundwater at a landfill: a case study. 1. Groundwater flow and plume delineation,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 63, no. 1-2, pp. 1–29, 1983.
- Becker and J. Carol, “Hydrogeology and leachate plume delineation at a closed municipal landfill, Norman, Oklahoma,” U.S Geological Survey Water Resources Investigations Report 01-4168, 2002.
- S. I. Jegede, B. Osazuwa, O. Ujuanbi, and C. C. Chiemeke, “2-D electrical imaging survey for situation assessment of leachate plume migration at two waste disposal sites in the Zaria basement complex,” Advances in Applied Science Research, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- P. J. Carpenter and K. R. Reddy, “Refuse conductivity variations following leachate injection in a bioreactor landfill cell: modeling EM results and comparison with well logs,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP '11), vol. 24, p. 76, April 2011.
- M. H. Loke, Electrical Imaging Survey Environment and Engineering Studies: A Practical Guide to 2-D and 3D Surveys, Geometrics, San Jose, Calif, USA, 1999.
- C. Bernstone, T. Dahlin, T. Ohlsson, and W. Hogland, “DC-resistivity mapping of internal landfill structures: two pre-excavation surveys,” Environmental Geology, vol. 39, no. 3-4, pp. 360–371, 2000.
- E. Orellana and H. M. Mooney, Master Tables and Curves for Vertical Electrical Sounding over Layered Structures, Interciencia, Madrid, Spain, 1966.
- A. I. Olayinka and U. Yaramanci, “Choice of the best model in 2-D geoelectrical imaging: case study from a waste dump site,” European Journal of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 221–244, 1999.