- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Geophysics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 969462, 13 pages
Correlation of VLF-EM Data with Radiometric Measurements: Implications for Uranium Exploration around Beldih, South Purulia Shear Zone, India
Department of Geology & Geophysics, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302, India
Received 22 October 2013; Revised 26 January 2014; Accepted 25 February 2014; Published 27 March 2014
Academic Editor: Michael S. Zhdanov
Copyright © 2014 Saurabh Mittal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. K. Bhaumik, T. Bhattacharya, A. A. P. S. R. Acharyulu, D. Srinivas, and M. K. Sandilya, Principles of Radiometry in Radioactive Metal Exploration, Physics Lab, AMD Complex, Jamshedpur, India, 2004.
- V. Tuncer, M. J. Unsworth, W. Siripunvaraporn, and J. A. Craven, “Exploration for unconformity-type uranium deposits with audiomagnetotelluric data: a case study from the McArthur River mine, Saskatchewan, Canada,” Geophysics, vol. 71, no. 6, pp. B201–B209, 2006.
- J. M. Legault, D. Carriere, and L. Petrie, “Synthetic model testing and distributed acquisition dc resistivity results over an unconformity uranium target from the Athabasca Basin, northern Saskatchewan,” The Leading Edge, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 46–51, 2008.
- G. Nimeck and R. Koch, “A progressive geophysical exploration strategy at the Shea Creek uranium deposit,” The Leading Edge, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 52–63, 2008.
- A. Mandal, A. Biswas, S. Mittal et al., “Geophysical anomalies associated with uranium mineralization from Beldih mine, South Purulia Shear Zone, India,” Journal of the Geological Society of India, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 601–606, 2013.
- S. P. Sharma, A. Biswas, and S. Mittal, “Delineation of extension of uranium mineralization zone using resistivity and VLF surveys around South Purulia Shear Zone, India,” Journal of the Geological Society of India. In press.
- V. J. Katti, J. Sen, and A. K. Bhatt, “Uranium potentiality of South Purulia Shear Zone in Eastern Indian Shield,” in Proceedings of the Technical Meeting on Low Grade Uranium Ore, pp. 29–31, International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria, 2010.
- A. Acharyya, S. Ray, B. K. Chaudhuri, S. K. Basu, S. K. Bhaduri, and A. K. Sanyal, “Proterozoic rock suites along South Purulia Shear Zone, eastern India: evidence for rift-related setting,” Journal of the Geological Society of India, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 1069–1086, 2006.
- Y. Vapnik, S. Bushmin, A. Chattopadhyay, and D. Dolivo-Dobrovolsky, “Fluid inclusion and mineralogical study of vein-type apatite ores in shear zones from the Singhbhum metallogenetic province, West Bengal, India,” Ore Geology Reviews, vol. 32, no. 1-2, pp. 412–430, 2007.
- T. K. Baidya, “Apatite-magnetite deposit in the chhotanagpur gneissic complex, Panrkidih area, Purulia District, West Bengal,” Indian Journal of Geology, vol. 64, pp. 88–95, 1992.
- S. K. Basu, “Alkaline-carbonatite complex in Precambrian of South Purulia Shear Zone, eastern India: its characteristics and mineral potentialities,” Indian Minerals, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 179–194, 1993.
- A. K. G. Roy and P. R. Sengupta, “Alkalic-carbonatitic magmatism and associated mineralisation along the Porapahar-Tamar lineament in the Proterozoics of Purulia District, West Bengal,” Indian Journal of Earth Sciences, vol. 20, no. 3-4, pp. 193–200, 1993.
- T. K. Pyne, “The Proterozoic fold belt and the chhotanagpur gneissic complex in the eastern Indian Shield—a tectono-metamorphic appraisal,” Indian Minerals, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 25–34, 1992.
- S. Bhattacharya, “Ductile shear Zone in Purulia, West Bengal,” Indian Journal of Geology, vol. 61, pp. 172–178, 1989.
- B. D. Smith and S. H. Ward, “On the computation of polarization ellipse parameters,” Geophysics, vol. 39, pp. 867–869, 1974.
- N. R. Paterson and V. Ronka, “Five years of surveying with the very low frequency-electro magnetics method,” Geoexploration, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 7–26, 1971.
- M. Karous and S. E. Hjelt, “Linear filtering of VLF dip-angle measurements,” Geophysical Prospecting, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 782–794, 1983.
- A. T. Ramli, S. Sahrone, and H. Wagiran, “Terrestrial gamma radiation dose study to determine the baseline for environmental radiological health practices in Melaka state, Malaysia,” Journal of Radiological Protection, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 435–450, 2005.