Bruno De Malafosse, Eberhard Malkowsky, Vladimir Rakocevic, "Measure of noncompactness of operators and matrices on the spaces and ", International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2006, Article ID 046930, 5 pages, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/IJMMS/2006/46930
Measure of noncompactness of operators and matrices on the spaces and
In this note, using the Hausdorff measure of noncompactness, necessary and sufficient conditions are formulated for a linear operator and matrices between the spaces and to be compact. Among other things, some results of Cohen and Dunford are recovered.
- R. R. Akhmerov, M. I. Kamenskiĭ, A. S. Potapov, A. E. Rodkina, and B. N. Sadovskiĭ, Measures of Noncompactness and Condensing Operators, vol. 55 of Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, Birkhäuser, Basel, 1992.
- J. Banaś and K. Goebel, Measures of Noncompactness in Banach Spaces, vol. 60 of Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1980.
- L. W. Cohen and N. Dunford, “Transformations on sequence spaces,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 689–701, 1937.
- I. T. Gohberg, L. S. Goldenstein, and A. S. Markus, “Investigations of some properties of bounded linear operators with their -norms,” Učenie Zapiski, Kishinevskii Gosuniversitet, vol. 29, pp. 29–36, 1957 (Russian).
- I. J. Maddox, Elements of Functional Analysis, Cambridge University Press, London, 1970.
- A. E. Taylor, Introduction to Functional Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York; Chapman & Hall, London, 1958.
Copyright © 2006 Hindawi Publishing Corporation. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.