Sherzod Mira'zam Mirakhmedov, "The probability of large deviations for the sum functions of spacings", International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2006, Article ID 058738, 22 pages, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/IJMMS/2006/58738
The probability of large deviations for the sum functions of spacings
Let be an ordered sample from uniform distribution, and , ; be their spacings, and let be a set of measurable functions. In this paper, the probabilities of the moderate and Cramer-type large deviation theorems for statistics are proved. Application of these theorems for determination of the intermediate efficiencies of the tests based on -type statistic is presented here too.
- J. Bartoszewicz, “Bahadur and Hodges-Lehmann approximate efficiencies of tests based on spacings,” Statistics & Probability Letters, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 211–220, 1995.
- P. Deheuvels, “Spacings and applications,” in Probability and Statistical Decision Theory, Vol. A (Bad Tatzmannsdorf, 1983), F. Konecny, J. Mogyoródi, and W. Wertz, Eds., pp. 1–30, Reidel, Dordrecht, 1985.
- R. J. M. M. Does, R. Helmers, and C. A. J. Klaassen, “On the Edgeworth expansion for the sum of a function of uniform spacings,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 149–157, 1987.
- V. Feller, An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications. Vol. 2, “Mir”, Moscow, 1967.
- K. Ghosh and S. R. Jammalamadaka, “A general estimation method using spacings,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 93, no. 1-2, pp. 71–82, 2001.
- L. Holst and J. S. Rao, “Asymptotic spacings theory with applications to the two-sample problem,” The Canadian Journal of Statistics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 79–89, 1981.
- G. I. Ivchenko and S. M. Mirakhmedov, “Large deviations and intermediate efficiency of decomposable statistics in a multinomial scheme,” Mathematical Methods of Statistics, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 294–311, 1995.
- S. R. Jammalamadaka, X. Zhou, and R. C. Tiwari, “Asymptotic efficiencies of spacings tests for goodness of fit,” Metrika, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 355–377, 1989.
- W. C. M. Kallenberg, “Intermediate efficiency, theory and examples,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 170–182, 1983.
- P. L'Ecuyer, “Tests based on sum-functions of spacings for uniform random numbers,” Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 251–269, 1997.
- S. M. Mirakhmedov, “Lower estimation of the remainder term in the CLT for a sum of the functions of -spacings,” Statistics & Probability Letters, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 411–424, 2005.
- V. V. Petrov, Sums of Independent Random Variables, vol. 82 of Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete, Springer, New York, 1st edition, 1975.
- R. Pyke, “Spacings,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. Series B (Methodological), vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 395–449, 1965.
- R. Pyke, “Spacings revisited,” in Proceedings of the Sixth Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability (University of California, Berkeley, Calif, 1970/1971), Vol. I: Theory of Statistics, pp. 417–427, University of California Press, California, 1972.
- S. Kh. Sirazhdinov, S. M. Mirakhmedov, and Sh. A. Ismatullaev, “Probabilities of large deviations for randomized decomposable statistics in a multinomial scheme,” Theory of Probability and Its Applications, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 645–657 (1990), 1989.
- X. Zhou and S. R. Jammalamadaka, “Bahadur efficiencies of spacings test for goodness of fit,” Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 541–553, 1989.
Copyright © 2006 Hindawi Publishing Corporation. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.