-compactness modulo an ideal
We investigate the concepts of quasi--closed modulo an ideal which generalizes quasi--closedness and -compactness modulo an ideal which simultaneously generalizes -compactness and compactness modulo an ideal. We obtain a characterization of maximal -compactness modulo an ideal. Preservation of -compactness modulo an ideal by functions is also investigated.
- J. Dontchev, M. Ganster, and D. A. Rose, “Ideal resolvability,” Topology and Its Applications, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 1999.
- S. V. Fomin, “Extensions of topological spaces,” Annals of Mathematics. Second Series, vol. 44, pp. 471–480, 1943.
- T. R. Hamlett and D. Janković, “Compactness with respect to an ideal,” Bollettino della Unione Matematica Italiana. B. Serie VII, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 849–861, 1990.
- L. L. Herrington and P. E. Long, “Characterizations of -compact spaces,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 52, pp. 417–426, 1975.
- D. Janković and T. R. Hamlett, “New topologies from old via ideals,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 295–310, 1990.
- K. Kuratowski, Topology. Vol. I, Academic Press, New York, 1966.
- N. Levine, “Simple extensions of topologies,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 22–25, 1964.
- A. S. Mashhour, M. E. Abd El-Monsef, and S. N. El-Deep, “On precontinuous and weak precontinuous mappings,” Proceedings of the Mathematical and Physical Society of Egypt, no. 53, pp. 47–53 (1983), 1982.
- R. L. Newcomb, Topologies which are compact modulo an ideal, M.S. thesis, University of California, Santa Barbara, California, 1967.
- O. Njȧstad, “On some classes of nearly open sets,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 15, pp. 961–970, 1965.
- D. V. Rancin, “Compactness modulo an ideal,” Soviet Mathematics. Doklady, vol. 13, pp. 193–197, 1972.
- V. Renuka Devi, D. Sivaraj, and T. Tamizh Chelvam, “Codense and completely codense ideals,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 197–205, 2005.
- P. Samuels, “A topology formed from a given topology and ideal,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society. Second Series, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 409–416, 1975.
- R. Vaidyanathaswamy, “The localisation theory in set-topology,” Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences. Section A, vol. 20, pp. 51–61, 1944.
- R. Vaidyanathaswamy, Set Topology, Chelsea, New York, 2nd edition, 1960.
- G. Viglino, “-compact spaces,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 761–764, 1969.
Copyright © 2006 Hindawi Publishing Corporation. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.