Faten Toumi, "Existence of blowup solutions for nonlinear problems with a gradient term", International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2006, Article ID 080605, 11 pages, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/IJMMS/2006/80605
Existence of blowup solutions for nonlinear problems with a gradient term
We prove the existence of positive explosive solutions for the equation in the whole space , where is a continuous function and is required to satisfy some hypotheses detailed below. More precisely, we will give a necessary and sufficient condition for the existence of a positive solution that blows up at infinity.
- C. Bandle and E. Giarrusso, “Boundary blow-up for semilinear elliptic equations with nonlinear gradient terms,” Advances in Differential Equations, vol. 1, pp. 133–150, 1989.
- R. Dautray, J.-L. Lions et al., Analyse mathématique et calcul numérique pour les sciences et les techniques. Vol. 2: L'opérateur de Laplace, Coll. C.E.A, Masson, Paris, 1987.
- M. Ghergu, C. Niculescu, and V. Rădulescu, “Explosive solutions of elliptic equations with absorption and non-linear gradient term,” Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences. Mathematical Sciences, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 441–451, 2002.
- M. Ghergu and V. Rădulescu, “Nonradial blow-up solutions of sublinear elliptic equations with gradient term,” Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 465–474, 2004.
- D. Gilbarg and N. S. Trudinger, Elliptic Partial Differential Equations of Second Order, Springer, Berlin, 1977.
- J. B. Keller, “On solutions of ,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 10, pp. 503–510, 1957.
- A. V. Lair and A. W. Wood, “Large solutions of semilinear elliptic equations with nonlinear gradient terms,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 869–883, 1999.
- R. Osserman, “On the inequality ,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 7, pp. 1641–1647, 1957.
- W. Walter, Differential and Integral Inequalities, Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete, Band 55, Springer, New York, 1970.
Copyright © 2006 Hindawi Publishing Corporation. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.