A note on almost contra-precontinuous functions
New characterizations of almost contra-precontinuity are presented. These characterizations are used to develop a new weak form of almost contra-precontinuity. This new weak form is then used to extend several results in the literature concerning almost contra-precontinuity.
- M. E. Abd El-Monsef, S. N. El-Deeb, and R. A. Mahmoud, “-open sets and -continuous mapping,” Bulletin of the Faculty of Science. Assiut University. A, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 77–90, 1983.
- M. E. Abd El-Monsef, R. A. Mahmoud, and E. R. Lashin, “-closure and -interior,” Journal of Faculty of Education, Ain Shams University, vol. 10, pp. 235–245, 1986.
- C. W. Baker, “On a weak form of almost weakly continuous functions,” Demonstratio Mathematica, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 865–872, 2000.
- C. W. Baker, “Subweakly -continuous functions,” Far East Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 151–160, 2003.
- S. G. Crossley and S. K. Hildebrand, “Semi-closure,” The Texas Journal of Science, vol. 22, pp. 99–112, 1971.
- G. Di Maio and T. Noiri, “On -closed spaces,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 226–233, 1987.
- E. Ekici, “Almost contra-precontinuous functions,” Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society. Second Series, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 53–65, 2004.
- S. N. El-Deeb, I. A. Hasanein, A. S. Mashhour, and T. Noiri, “On -regular spaces,” Bulletin Mathématique de la Société des Sciences Mathématiques de la République Socialiste de Roumanie, vol. 27(75), no. 4, pp. 311–315, 1983.
- J. E. Joseph and M. H. Kwack, “On -closed spaces,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 341–348, 1980.
- A. Kar and P. Bhattacharyya, “Some weak separation axioms,” Bulletin of the Calcutta Mathematical Society, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 415–422, 1990.
- N. Levine, “Semi-open sets and semi-continuity in topological spaces,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 36–41, 1963.
- A. S. Mashhour, M. E. Abd El-Monsef, and S. N. El-Deeb, “On precontinuous and weak precontinuous mappings,” Proceedings of the Mathematical and Physical Society of Egypt, no. 53, pp. 47–53, 1982.
- T. Noiri and V. Popa, “Some properties of almost contra-precontinuous functions,” Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society. Second Series, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 107–116, 2005.
- D. A. Rose, “Weak continuity and almost continuity,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 311–318, 1984.
- T. Soundararajan, “Weakly Hausdorff spaces and the cardinality of topological spaces,” in General Topology and Its Relations to Modern Analysis and Algebra, III (Proc. Conf., Kanpur, 1968), pp. 301–306, Academia, Prague, 1971.
Copyright © 2006 Hindawi Publishing Corporation. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.