Research Article | Open Access
K. L. Duggal, B. Sahin, "Lightlike Submanifolds of Indefinite Sasakian Manifolds", International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2007, Article ID 057585, 21 pages, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/57585
Lightlike Submanifolds of Indefinite Sasakian Manifolds
We first prove some results on invariant lightlike submanifolds of indefinite Sasakian manifolds. Then, we introduce a general notion of contact Cauchy-Riemann (CR) lightlike submanifolds and study the geometry of leaves of their distributions. We also study a class, namely, contact screen Cauchy-Riemann (SCR) lightlike submanifolds which include invariant and screen real subcases. Finally, we prove characterization theorems on the existence of contact SCR, screen real, invariant, and contact CR minimal lightlike submanifolds.
- K. L. Duggal and A. Bejancu, Lightlike Submanifolds of Semi-Riemannian Manifolds and Applications, vol. 364 of Mathematics and Its Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- V. I. Arnol'd, “Contact geometry: the geometrical method of Gibbs's thermodynamics,” in Proceedings of the Gibbs Symposium (New Haven, CT, 1989), pp. 163–179, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1990.
- S. Maclane, Geometrical Mechanics II, Lecture Notes, University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1968.
- V. E. Nazaikinskii, V. E. Shatalov, and B. Y. Sternin, Contact Geometry and Linear Differential Equations, vol. 6 of De Gruyter Expositions in Mathematics, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, Germany, 1992.
- C. Călin, Contributions to geometry of CR-submanifold, Thesis.
- C. Călin, “On the existence of degenerate hypersurfaces in Sasakian manifolds,” Arab Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 1999.
- T. H. Kang, S. D. Jung, B. H. Kim, H. K. Pak, and J. S. Pak, “Lightlike hypersurfaces of indefinite Sasakian manifolds,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1369–1380, 2003.
- K. Yano and M. Kon, Structures on Manifolds, vol. 3 of Series in Pure Mathematics, World Scientific, Singapore, 1984.
- D. N. Kupeli, Singular Semi-Riemannian Geometry, vol. 366 of Mathematics and Its Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- K. L. Duggal, “Space time manifolds and contact structures,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 545–553, 1990.
- T. Takahashi, “Sasakian manifold with pseudo-Riemannian metric,” The Tohoku Mathematical Journal, vol. 21, pp. 271–290, 1969.
- S. Tanno, “Sasakian manifolds with constant -holomorphic sectional curvature,” The Tohoku Mathematical Journal, vol. 21, pp. 501–507, 1969.
- K. L. Duggal and D. H. Jin, “Totally umbilical lightlike submanifolds,” Kodai Mathematical Journal, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 49–68, 2003.
- A. Bejancu, Geometry of CR-Submanifolds, vol. 23 of Mathematics and Its Applications (East European Series), D. Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1986.
- K. L. Duggal and B. Sahin, “Screen Cauchy Riemann lightlike submanifolds,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 106, no. 1-2, pp. 137–165, 2005.
- C. L. Bejan and K. L. Duggal, “Global lightlike manifolds and harmonicity,” Kodai Mathematical Journal, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 131–145, 2005.
- K. L. Duggal and B. Sahin, “Generalized Cauchy-Riemann lightlike submanifolds of Kaehler manifolds,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 112, no. 1-2, pp. 107–130, 2006.
Copyright © 2007 K. L. Duggal and B. Sahin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.