- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 120731, 6 pages
Anomalous Propagation in Low Index Contrast Metamaterials: Assessment of the Beam Collimation Condition
1Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
2Institute for Advanced Materials, Devices, and Nanotechnology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Received 1 June 2012; Accepted 10 August 2012
Academic Editor: Georgios Veronis
Copyright © 2012 Jun Tan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. R. Smith, J. B. Pendry, and M. C. K. Wiltshire, “Metamaterials and negative refractive index,” Science, vol. 305, no. 5685, pp. 788–792, 2004.
- V. M. Shalaev, W. Cai, U. K. Chettiar et al., “Negative index of refraction in optical metamaterials,” Optics Letters, vol. 30, no. 24, pp. 3356–3358, 2005.
- S. Zhang, W. Fan, N. C. Panoiu, K. J. Malloy, R. M. Osgood, and S. R. J. Brueck, “Experimental demonstration of near-infrared negative-index metamaterials,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 95, no. 13, Article ID 137404, 4 pages, 2005.
- S. Linden, C. Enkrich, M. Wegener, J. Zhou, T. Koschny, and C. M. Soukoulis, “Magnetic response of metamaterials at 100 terahertz,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5700, pp. 1351–1353, 2004.
- D. Schurig, J. J. Mock, B. J. Justice et al., “Metamaterial electromagnetic cloak at microwave frequencies,” Science, vol. 314, no. 5801, pp. 977–980, 2006.
- H. J. Lezec, J. A. Dionne, and H. A. Atwater, “Negative refraction at visible frequencies,” Science, vol. 316, no. 5823, pp. 430–432, 2007.
- N. Engheta, “Circuits with light at nanoscales: optical nanocircuits inspired by metamaterials,” Science, vol. 317, no. 5845, pp. 1698–1702, 2007.
- J. A. Schuller, R. Zia, T. Taubner, and M. L. Brongersma, “Dielectric metamaterials based on electric and magnetic resonances of silicon carbide particles,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 99, no. 10, Article ID 107401, 4 pages, 2007.
- J. Valentine, S. Zhang, T. Zentgraf et al., “Three-dimensional optical metamaterial with a negative refractive index,” Nature, vol. 455, no. 7211, pp. 376–379, 2008.
- S. E. Kocabaş, G. Veronis, D. A. B. Miller, and S. H. Fan, “Transmission line and equivalent circuit models for plasmonic waveguide components,” IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1462–1472, 2008.
- W. Zhao, X. Huang, and Z. Lu, “Super Talbot effect in indefinite metamaterial,” Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 15297–15303, 2011.
- J. X. Chen, P. Wang, C. C. Chen, Y. H. Lu, H. Ming, and Q. W. Zhan, “Plasmonic EIT-like switching in bright-dark-bright plasmon resonators,” Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 5970–5978, 2011.
- R. T. Chen, “Polymer-based photonic integrated circuits,” Optics and Laser Technology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 347–365, 1993.
- H. Kosaka, T. Kawashima, A. Tomita et al., “Superprism phenomena in photonic crystals,” Physical Review B, vol. 58, no. 16, pp. 10096–10099, 1998.
- T. Baba and M. Nakamura, “Photonic crystal light deflection devices using the superprism effect,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 909–914, 2002.
- B. Momeni, J. Huang, M. Soltani et al., “Compact wavelength demultiplexing using focusing negative index photonic crystal superprisms,” Optics Express, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 2413–2422, 2006.
- L. V. Azaroff, R. Kaplow, N. Kato, R. J. Weiss, A. J. C. Wilson, and R. A. Young, X-Ray Diffraction, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- W. Jiang and R. T. Chen, “Symmetry-induced singularities of the dispersion surface curvature and high sensitivities of a photonic crystal,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 7, Article ID 075104, 8 pages, 2008.