- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Otolaryngology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 296073, 3 pages
Noncleft Velopharyngeal Insufficiency: Etiology and Need For Surgical Treatment
1Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
2Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
3Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Received 28 November 2011; Accepted 23 January 2012
Academic Editor: James Brookes
Copyright © 2012 Steven Goudy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- C. W. Ockeloen, J. Simpson, J. Urquhart, J. Davies, M. Bowden, K. Patrick, J. Dore, and J. Clayton-Smith, “Velopharyngeal insufficiency: high detection rate of genetic abnormalities if associated with additional features,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 52–57, 2013.
- Mia Stiernman, Kristina Klintö, Ahmed D. Al Qatani, Björn Schönmeyr, and Magnus Becker, “Subjective outcomes after treatment for velopharyngeal dysfunction,” Journal of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery, pp. 1–6, 2015.
- Robert S. Glade, and Randolph Deal, “Diagnosis and Management of Velopharyngeal Dysfunction,” Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 181–188, 2016.
- Hyun Jung Jung, Jee Hwan Kim, Sang-Hwy Lee, and Young-Bum Park, “Fabrication of palatal lift prosthesis using thermoplastic resin for a patient with velopharyngeal insufficiency,” The Journal of Korean Academy of Prosthodontics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 286, 2016.